Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 09:51 AM

10,537 posts, read 7,067,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
So extreme heat is better than fall weather?

I think the reverse is true. NJ weather sucks 4 months of the year and is pleasant during the other 8 that are neither extremely hot or extremely cold. Fall happens to be my favorite.
I was basing this off the weather details for Monmouth which is an interesting read. Strictly from the data the month of September is the best month to be in NJ from coming off peak water temperature, to peak sunlight (less cloud overage) the drop in humidity. The second best month is October and there is sharp decline come November.

https://weatherspark.com/y/24472/Ave...tes-Year-Round

The best months for weather in the State, which is a combination of temperature, cloud coverage, humidity, precipitation.
1. September
2. October
3. August
4. July
5. June 20th +

From the data the months of December - May are all equally miserable (actually May is the worst weather month for NJ) with 7 out of 10 days having cloud coverage. November and June are transitionary months.

Whereas Los Angeles California has 9.1 out 10 days have pure sun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2022, 11:07 AM

50,980 posts, read 36,672,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I don't see new money in Monmouth, its all old money, blue collar towns or resort towns. Where are people working who live in Monmouth? There are no major corporations, or big business. A quick look on the county economic page, is that hospitals and grocery stores are the largest employers in the area. I'm asking out of curiosity, as I don't see it a thriving place to substantiate the demand of luxury apartments going up desperately that the Netflix site can't be built.

NJ weather does suck from November thru June, come November its 70% cloud coverage through June. September and October are peak sun months. According to maps the best time to be in NJ is from June 20 - November 10.

June sucks? Since when? May, April? I think spring here is great, it's certainly not weather that would keep a movie from being made.

Old 10-13-2022, 02:04 PM

10,537 posts, read 7,067,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
June sucks? Since when? May, April? I think spring here is great, it's certainly not weather that would keep a movie from being made.
May and June are a bit of tricky months. It certainly is one of the longest days of the year (for the northern hemisphere) but we have 8 days out of 31 with clear skies.

Old 10-13-2022, 02:14 PM

50,980 posts, read 36,672,261 times
Quote:
May and June are a bit of tricky months. It certainly is one of the longest days of the year (for the northern hemisphere) but we have 8 days out of 31 with clear skies.
All scenes are not shot outside, hence the large studio. And all scenes don’t require clear skies. They don’t have any problems making movies in NYC, their weather is no different than ours.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 10-13-2022 at 02:44 PM..

Old 10-13-2022, 02:36 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,194,945 times
Quote:
It would be great to see this, but out of curiosity why Monmouth? NJ only has decent weather 4 months of the yea...
Maybe they need a studio or perm location to exclusively shoot bad weather scenes?

Old 10-13-2022, 03:56 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,349,177 times
Quote:
You do realize that "clear skies" is not a cloud in the sky type of day.

Plenty of June days, with "partly cloudy" skies are beautiful. Doesn't mean it's not sunny.

I think that whole list of stats on weather is a little skewed....

Old 10-13-2022, 04:03 PM

4,035 posts, read 3,664,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
You do realize that "clear skies" is not a cloud in the sky type of day.

Plenty of June days, with "partly cloudy" skies are beautiful. Doesn't mean it's not sunny.

I think that whole list of stats on weather is a little skewed....

The guy said May is one of the most miserable months lol. What he is talking about

Old 10-13-2022, 08:53 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,761,564 times
Quote:
I don't see new money in Monmouth, its all old money, blue collar towns or resort towns. Where are people working who live in Monmouth? There are no major corporations, or big business. A quick look on the county economic page, is that hospitals and grocery stores are the largest employers in the area. I'm asking out of curiosity, as I don't see it a thriving place to substantiate the demand of luxury apartments going up desperately that the Netflix site can't be built.

NJ weather does suck from November thru June, come November its 70% cloud coverage through June. September and October are peak sun months. According to maps the best time to be in NJ is from June 20 - November 10.

I would say places like Marlboro and Holmdel are new money. You do realize that grocery stores are often the largest employers in many areas, right? Do you know the largest employer in the whole state of NJ is Wakefern (Shop Rite)? Hospitals have lots of good paying jobs as well in case you didn’t know. There are these things called doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, and PA’s. And oh yeah, administrators. People in Monmouth County can commute to a job hub like New Brunswick, Edison, or Princeton. Some commute to Lower Manhattan via the SeaStreak ferry. There is Monmouth University. Remote work surely has boosted the county’s fortunes, too. Some people are okay with a long drive to the city if they are only doing it 2-3 times a week, or if they can catch a train on the NJCL, even better. Some business owners on the Jersey Shore can do very well for themselves, too. On top of that, you have your local workers that everywhere else can have…doctors, dentists, lawyers, etc.

As others have said, a lot of filming can be done indoors. As for outside, I think the weather is good in NJ for six months. May through October. Back half of April and front half of November can be okay, too.

Old 10-13-2022, 09:16 PM

4,289 posts, read 10,784,459 times
Quote:
It would be great to see this, but out of curiosity why Monmouth?
Its a good location for those working in that industry. Its easy to find somewhere to live in between NYC and Monmouth that would allow you to work in both locations.

Old 10-13-2022, 10:31 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,761,564 times
Other crazy talk about weather. Danny, why is your definition of “good weather” to singularly focused on a sunniness vs. cloudiness metric and not ambient air temperature, prescription, or wind? Yeah, a cloudy day may not look pretty, but excessive heat and cold, precipitation, and wind are tangibly uncomfortable and even potentially a threat and danger to your physical health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey