Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2023, 06:40 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,595,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushrooMike View Post
But even then, is it actually illegal.???
39:4-71 NJSA No person shall drive or back a horse or vehicle across, or allow the same to stand on a sidewalk unless it be in crossing the sidewalk to go into a yard or lot, and then not without the consent of the owner of the premises. This section shall not prohibit the passing of a horse or vehicle over a sidewalk in front of an alley or passageway with the owner’s consent, or any municipality from driving or operating or causing to be driven or operated along or over the sidewalks within the municipality any vehicle for the purpose of maintaining or cleaning said sidewalks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2023, 08:10 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
Quote:
The neighbor who bitched was a guy not a girl.
And this guy, since I've lived here, parks his truck so close to the entrance of our driveway (when he's not parked in his driveway) that it makes it a pain to park the car/s so that there far enough to the edge that I can get the bike between them. But I don't complain and I just deal with it/figure it out. Because the road isn't my property and he can park where ever he wants, as long as it's not after where my drive way exits.
doh, he's not breaking the law, you are. A simple visit by your neighbor to the police chief identifying your illegal action and insisting he enforce the law will end this problem for him. Chief will most likely send an officer over to your house to explain what you are doing is illegal and advise you to stop it.
Best of luck though!

Old 04-28-2023, 07:48 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
I usually drive my motorcycle onto the sidewalk in front of the neighbors house to get to my driveway. Because were slightly on a hill it makes it easier to back my bike into my driveway, also on an incline. The neighbor just complained to me about "Don't ride that bike onto MY sidewalk." My response to that was "the towns sidewalk??" which he replied, " it's a public easement, still my property and I will call the police and file a complaint if you do it again.!" Is what I'm doing actually illegal and or something I can get in trouble for/ticketed.?
Just stop it, you're wrong.

Old 04-29-2023, 08:50 AM

131 posts, read 137,476 times
Quote:
Read the thread and you'll know why I can't just back it in. I'm on a hill
Ok, finally got around to read the thread again.

Quote:
I usually drive my motorcycle onto the sidewalk in front of the neighbors house to get to my driveway. Because were slightly on a hill it makes it easier to back my bike into my driveway, also on an incline.
You didn't say you couldn't back it in from the street, just that it's easier to back it in if you go on the sidewalk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey