Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 08:31 AM

1,398 posts, read 7,706,371 times

Advertisements

Our shameless former govener has in my opinion reached another new low; he now is seeking sole custody of the couple's 5-year-old daughter -- and child support
from his former wife. (Link to full article below).
I don't for a minute believe he actually wants a 5 year old daughter and all the responsibilities that really goes with that. That would reduce the time available for his (gag), love trysts along our highway road stops etc.
No this is a legal bargaining lever for the soon to be child support and alimony battle. Yes the money thing. I guess it wasn't enough to publically announce with "wife" at side , that you knew long before you even married her that you were infact gay and that sex = child with her was just a ploy to further your own political career. This pathetic creep should be driven out of public view like Frankinstien's monster.

************************************************** ************************************************** ****************

McGreevey seeks sole custody of 5-year-old daughter
Former governor's amended divorce lawsuit also asks for child support
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
BY JOSH MARGOLIN
Star-Ledger Staff

Former Gov. James E. McGreevey has revised his divorce lawsuit against his estranged wife and is now seeking sole custody of the couple's 5-year-old daughter -- and child support.

The new documents make no mention of a "matrimonial settlement agreement" that McGreevey's original divorce filing said had resolved all issues of custody and support.

McGreevey, who resigned as governor after announcing he had had an affair with a male aide, has retained a new lawyer and filed the revised papers with the Superior Court in Elizabeth on Feb. 20.

In a brief interview yesterday, McGreevey declined to discuss the particulars of his case or why he should be granted full custody of daughter Jacqueline. He said only: "It's a private family matter and I know we both want what's in the best interest for our daughter."

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index....550.xml&coll=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2007, 08:46 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,928,979 times
Well, unless she is a psychotic drug crazed, alcoholic abusive mother, there is no way the court is going to give sole custody of a five year old girl to her father if the mother contests it.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:01 AM

14 posts, read 69,238 times
Dont Kid Yourself It Doesnt Work That Way. Possession Is 9 10th's The Law Whomever Has Her And Fights For Custody (depending Onpull He Has) He Can Get The Custody Of The Child.

Old 03-17-2007, 06:34 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,708 times
He definitely doesn't deserve that child. Gay or not, he cheated on his wife and (like JBrown said) didn't tell her. She found out with the rest of us that he was cheating. He didn't take into account the embarrassment his family would suffer, that's so bad for the kids man.

Old 03-17-2007, 06:57 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,931,220 times
She is supposed to be writing a book about her experience and this may be his way of blackmailing her. There may be things that he doesn't want to come out and I'm pretty certain that what he has admitted to is just the tip of the iceberg. I have not spoken to one person who actually believes that he resigned because he was gay and had an affair. You have to wonder- how much does a wife really know?

The book is supposed to be out very soon. It is probably already written. What is in there that you don't want people to know Jim?

Old 03-17-2007, 07:20 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,931,220 times
Default Silent Partner

I just read that the book is called "Silent Partner" and it is out Spring '07 which is right about now.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:46 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,706,371 times
Correct on both counts. The book is due out now...and yes nobody who follows these things was taken in by that gay cover story.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:55 PM

219 posts, read 853,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
He definitely doesn't deserve that child. Gay or not, he cheated on his wife and (like JBrown said) didn't tell her. She found out with the rest of us that he was cheating. He didn't take into account the embarrassment his family would suffer, that's so bad for the kids man.
Nex,
I agree that Mcg is a low life and one of the worst govs we have ever had.
He runs a close 2nd to Christie.
You say he cheated on his wife. CORRECT.
You say he didn't tell her. CORRECT.
You say she found out with the rest of us when he came out with his Gay American........whatever that is.
What strikes me as a little curious.
For years throughout the law enforcement community the rumor ran that he was gay. In fact there are a number of pols who were thought to be in the same boat.
If that rumor floated throughout the law enforcement community??????? didn't Mrs Mcg have some..........doubts.
Just thinking.
Denny

Old 03-18-2007, 03:33 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,708 times
Wow, I never knew there were strong rumors throughout law enforcement. Maybe his wife did know something. As the public, we'll always be on the outside looking in.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:30 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,697,858 times
Default rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by njprintman View Post
Nex,
I agree that Mcg is a low life and one of the worst govs we have ever had.
He runs a close 2nd to Christie.
You say he cheated on his wife. CORRECT.
You say he didn't tell her. CORRECT.
You say she found out with the rest of us when he came out with his Gay American........whatever that is.
What strikes me as a little curious.
For years throughout the law enforcement community the rumor ran that he was gay. In fact there are a number of pols who were thought to be in the same boat.
If that rumor floated throughout the law enforcement community??????? didn't Mrs Mcg have some..........doubts.
Just thinking.
Denny
my husband called me from work one day (he worked in the Newark Pub Schools) about 4 years prior to mcgreevey resigning and said "rumor has it mcgreevey is gay and he's going to resign TODAY". i laughed. wouldn't you know it 4 yrs later and that's exactly what happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey