Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2007, 08:13 PM

11,346 posts, read 16,711,567 times

Advertisements

How proud we must feel as NJ residents. Can it possibly get anymore embarrasing to live here?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Former New Jersey Gov. James E. McGreevey has applied to an Episcopal seminary school in Manhattan with the intent of starting the process of being a priest.

McGreevey resigned from office in August 2004 after admitting he is gay and had cheated on his wife with a man he had hired to be his homeland security adviser. He is currently going through the "discernment" phase that precedes joining the seminary, Rev. Kevin Bean, vicar at St. Bartholomew's Church in Manhattan, told The Star-Ledger.

"This process that he's in right now, is not going to be some snap of the finger, overnight process. That will not happen. That's not how it works. He knows that," Bean said. "And so at the parish level, and at the diocesan level, everyone knows that this is a process that ... intentionally is deliberate. You don't enter into it unadvisably."

Formerly a Catholic who had been at odds with the church over his support for abortion rights, McGreevey was officially received into the Episcopal religion on Sunday. The three-year program at General Theological Seminary begins in the fall. McGreevey does not know yet whether he has been accepted into the program.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 11:29 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,706,371 times
Yes I saw this today... It's hard to know what to say

Old 05-02-2007, 11:40 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,708 times
I'm mad it gets so much press...

Old 05-02-2007, 11:44 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Plus he's supposed to be teaching an ETHICS CLASS at Kean College? But hey, we got good pizza, pork rolls and calzones. Oh yeah, and diversity (whatever that means). Can't some other state become the national joke for a while? We need a breather.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:13 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,931,220 times
This is almost too good to be a joke. It sounds like a Saturday Night Live skit.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:02 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,937,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntmac View Post
This is almost too good to be a joke. It sounds like a Saturday Night Live skit.
I actually thought it was a joke when I first heard it.

Can you imagine letting your son be in the choir in his church? Not.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:16 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,758,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Plus he's supposed to be teaching an ETHICS CLASS at Kean College? Can't some other state become the national joke for a while? We need a breather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntmac View Post
So true Doc1 and Cyntmac!
Former Governor McCreepy has no ethics, no shame, no remorse, no conscience - sounds like the definition of a sociopath.
I did not like him when he was the Governor and was sneaking down to Cape May to meet with his "special friends" (the worst kept secret in this area of S. Jersey) and I sure didn't like him when he was using the term "Gay American" to hide his dishonest dealings behind the "gay" label.
My problem with him is NOT the gay issue, but his lack of honesty and integrity. He is a liar, a user and an opportunist.
If I were a "Gay American" I would resent his using that term to hide behind so if someone has a problem with HIM, he can claim that they don't like homosexuals.
So now he has found God and wants to be a priest to stand at the altar to lead others in a Mass? What incredible hubris.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:29 AM

1,398 posts, read 7,706,371 times
Very well said...yes he got a pass by playing the "gay" card...the media let it slide that he was about to be brought up a charges...what a creep.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:19 PM

432 posts, read 1,879,587 times
He's just trying to grab some press away from his wife's book. Did you see on Channel 7 she said that she was told that his first wife had to agree in writing to not talk about this? He wanted to shut her up too, and she would not go for it . Good for her.

My ex is gay and in the closet. I really like that Dina has responded to the lies he said and wrote with a book and lots of media coverage. I feel like finally someone is telling the truth about what hell this is.

It's actually pretty embarrassing to be an Episcopalian! The clergy can't say what is obvious - he is entitled to go through the discernment process. I really doubt there will be too many people he can actively minister to. We already have a lot of gay and lesbian priests who are doing a much better job than he ever will.

There is a very good support group here in NJ for straight spouses - they have helped me enormously - www.straightspouse.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: