Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 12:07 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times

Advertisements

What ticks me off is the white collar 40 y.o. guy a couple of doors down from me (tight subdivision) who fires up the Harley at 6:30 AM on sporadic workdays and lets it idle the whole time he puts on his little wannabe costume so he can ride to work. About five minutes of high idle and then he kicks it down to a low rumble. Those loud pipes reverb the whole street and just kills that last half hour of sleep.

Yeah, I should probably walk down there and say something, but I'm not that kind of guy. I just mentally count the few years to go until we downsize and move away to our empty nester home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 09:29 PM

393 posts, read 1,086,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
What ticks me off is the white collar 40 y.o. guy a couple of doors down from me (tight subdivision) who fires up the Harley at 6:30 AM on sporadic workdays and lets it idle the whole time he puts on his little wannabe costume so he can ride to work. About five minutes of high idle and then he kicks it down to a low rumble. Those loud pipes reverb the whole street and just kills that last half hour of sleep.

Yeah, I should probably walk down there and say something, but I'm not that kind of guy. I just mentally count the few years to go until we downsize and move away to our empty nester home.
I und, I am not a biker, more like... a soccer MOM, but if, these rides involve charity, i am willing to tolerate the 6 MO.
temporary, noise factor
( just an FYI, neighbor is a county, correction officer)

PLU (Peace, Love and Understanding)

Old 09-07-2008, 09:41 PM

Default Update on Biker Mike

Biker Mike is a County Correctional Officer..
and, as have enquired, has raised, collectively, over $300,000.00, for such research as HIV/AIDS, and Autism Awareness.
So, RIDE ON MIKE!!
Sligogirl...

Old 09-16-2008, 09:26 PM

Default Just an update on Correctional Officer ,"Biker Mike"

Biker-Mike and, friends have raised to date, 2007 - Sept., 2008
A total of $300,000 for a multitude of AID/HIV AND ADHD funds.

Sleep, ( on an early Sat. A.M. ) can come to me, and us, when we rest " The Deep Sleep "..

Old 09-17-2008, 05:43 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
Nope, we're good. I understand where you're coming from and I enjoyed your opening post. I just wanted to relay my little tale of woe and not to try to downlplay your experience.

The guy down the street certainly doesn't cause me harm or malice, I jsut don't think he is aware of (or cares) what his bike is doing to the neighbors. But, like I said, we only have to deal with it sporadically until we sell in a couple years.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,433 times
Why does everybody say..."stay away from those 1%er outlaw guys" when the newspapers are filled with cops breaking the laws left & right. Honestly I'd rather have the guy who won't molest my kids leaving next to me. I couldn't find one article about a 1%er child molester on the other hand I could fill a novel with the molester cop articles.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:48 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,177 times
i live across the street from a high school who on weekends has all kinds of sports going on all weekend from 8 am we have people parked on the side streets where my window is and the kids and adults speak loudly and slam the doors then we have the landscapers working over there at 7 am. so my weekend sleep is pretty much shot but im the kinda person who feels if i sleep past 7 im missing out on something. but anyway my husband will ride his bike to work somedays and he dont care who he bothers.and if anyone ever came to tell him to keep it quiet he would just be out the next day an hour early. but i say keep on raising that money.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:09 AM

4,181 posts, read 5,062,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
anyway my husband will ride his bike to work somedays and he don't care who he bothers. and if anyone ever came to tell him to keep it quiet he would just be out the next day an hour early.
lovely attitude

Old 04-06-2009, 07:24 AM

49 posts, read 171,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
lovely attitude
My thoughts exactly.....

Old 04-06-2009, 07:35 AM

109 posts, read 345,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
my husband will ride his bike to work somedays and he dont care who he bothers.and if anyone ever came to tell him to keep it quiet he would just be out the next day an hour early. but i say keep on raising that money.
Sounds like a classy family Tell me where you live so I know where never to move
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey