Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2008, 09:21 AM

278 posts, read 1,186,781 times

Advertisements

Hey,
I was just looking for some information about Hoboken. Is the majority of the city safe? What areas should be avoided? How far is the actual commute to Manhattan? I was searching on a site for rentals and I was wondering is it even possible to find an apartment for around 1,300? The prices I saw where studios which started at 1,600. Is that extremely overpriced or the norm? It seems that you would be better off buying a condo. How's the nightlife,restaurants,shopping, etc? Any other information you'd like to give me is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 03:28 PM

181 posts, read 1,122,180 times
I was just looking for some information about Hoboken. Is the majority of the city safe? What areas should be avoided? How far is the actual commute to Manhattan? I was searching on a site for rentals and I was wondering is it even possible to find an apartment for around 1,300? The prices I saw where studios which started at 1,600. Is that extremely overpriced or the norm? It seems that you would be better off buying a condo. How's the nightlife,restaurants,shopping, etc? Any other information you'd like to give me is greatly appreciated.

Just Avoid the Far South West area and Even that Isn't too bad during the day although at night that area is rather shady. $1600 and up is the norm and there is plenty of Bars and restaurants most of them are in the lower and middle of Washingtion St. As for Shopping there is a Supermaket in town and some shops and there is a Mall Nearby in JC Newport area and lots of it Across the river.
For transportation Where you are located matters. Along Washington st they are buses to Mid town and near the hoboken Terminal, PAth Trains to 33rd st, Lower Manhatten, JC and can get to Newark. and the Light Rail to JC and UC and North Bergen and Bayonne and Rush hour Willow ave bus service to NY and Ferry service to Downtown from Hoboken Term and uptown Terminal to 38th st pier
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey