Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2008, 08:21 AM

2 posts, read 11,846 times

Advertisements

My family and I would like to go to the beach tomorrow and wanted to take the train in my Newark Penn Station (live in Union). I really don't want to be sitting in traffic or get to the beach and can't find parking so rather take the train than to drive. Not too much interested in the boardwalks, my stepson is 4yrs and wanted something less crowded. So I don't too much want to go to Point Pleasant, since everyone says its crowded. I do hear Wildwood Crest is nice, less crowded, and free but is it close to a train station?
So far I've read that the following beaches tend to be less crowded and better for family:
Avon
Manasquan
Sea Girt
Bay Head
Wildwood Crest

Any opinions and are these close to a train station? Again not too much into the boardwalks, crowds and want something in small budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 11:56 AM

327 posts, read 1,199,171 times
Long Branch now has some nice beach areas. The northern part of the beach has undergone a revitalization...it does have a boardwalk, but not at all similar to Seaside. It's more for access to several restaurants/shops and gets alot of jogger traffic. Further south, the beach is more residential. I know there is a train station in West Long Branch that is about 1/4 mile from the beach or so - not bad if you don't have too much stuff. Not sure where the main Long branch station is, although I'm sure NJ Transit website should have a map.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:58 PM

181 posts, read 1,122,934 times
Avon A bit of walk from Bradley Beach or Belmar station
Manasquan A mile walk from the station to beachfront
Sea Girt A Bit of a walk from Spring Lake station
Bay Head closet beach from the Train
Wildwood Crest no train nearby bus station in Wildwood from NY and Philly and AC

Spring Lake beach is not crowded and is about a 10-15 minute walk from the train station
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey