Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 05:17 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times

Advertisements

not a problem Jersey, I am not here to bash NJ if we could afford to stay and we didnt have a great opportunity here we would have stayed in NJ as our whole family is there and in NY...its just a shame it got so expensive...but on the flip side change isnt so bad for some people...

And the Grass isnt always greener on the other side, however everyone's happiness is different...I know people come in here and talk trash about where they came from but look the South isnt for everyone...but like the NJ people who are happy so are we here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 06:24 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMOMOFTWO View Post
well fortunately for us, we are in one of the best school districts in the charlotte area...what else can I say, and our friend dd has a teacher from NY and she was extremely surprised on how awesome the schools are...and considering NC has the top 5 colleges in the country they cant be too bad...our school scores are up in the same catagory as the best schools in NJ....
NCMOM/ I'm new to the forum, so I'm sorry if I'm stooping to your level. I don't know if you know it but some of your posts it seems to some viewers not only myself that you are holier than god. I'm glad you found paradise in Charlotte. This is the NJ Forum, you come on here telling us how great the school sytem is in North Carolina is. You remind me of the kid in the schoolyard that has ther new basketball and shows it off and doesn't want or won't let anyone play with it.
I don't know what town or city you lived in in New Jersey. On the same day that you say your schools are great on the New Jersey Forum you post on the Charlotte forum that CRIME IS OUT OF CONTROL in Charlotte. Well which is it, is it great or is CRIME OUT OF CONTROL, PS, I don't really care.
Most if not all the peolple that move out of New Jersey it is finacial reasons mainly property taxes or job transfers. I have not read one post of someone leaving NJ for the better schools in the Carolinas. Oh by the way my son is a junior at Princeton University and that is in NEW JERSEY and that is the #1 COLLEGE IN THE COUNTRY. I'll leave it at that because if I want to argue with people on the internet I could argue with my wife at home.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:32 PM

boy oh boy yes crime is rampid in charlotte I dont live in Charlotte itself, and Im from Monmouth County, then moved to Ocean...I WAS RESPONDING TO A POSTER THAT made a comment about the NC schools...so I was anwering him..I am not Holier than thow, and dont put god into this because I hit a nerve or something Ive lived in NJ for over 10 years and all my friends and family is there so what is your point???? Duke University was in the top 5 by the way following UNCC and other schools, HOWEVER I havent been in here in MOnths and you can think what u want I dont personally care....My ties are to NJ I DONT HATE IT I only hate the people that I lived with and the Government and the fact that people have to struggle to live....Im glad you love NJ as u should if this is where u live..WE do love NC and honestly should have done it years ago..SO IF YOU would have seen my last post, I did say its not for everyone...next time pls read...exactly the Internet some people I just have to laugh...

well for us it wasnt a job transfer it was a change of life, and financial second and with that most that leave just for the mere fact that its cheap wont be happy anyway, but not my problem either..

Old 10-07-2007, 06:39 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
NCMOM, Your post clearly states that the top 5 colleges are in North Carolina. LIE Do some research before you bash us. Thats it I'm done with you. Tell lies to some one on the Carolina forum

Old 10-07-2007, 06:57 PM

299 posts, read 1,333,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
good one Kappy, I would take the old folks anyday!!!!
Hey stevemores - One of these day I'll be an old folk & be old enough to run for President. That' the only job available to the elderly

Old 10-07-2007, 09:46 PM

yep it sure does there are 5 colleges according to msnbc as well as Cnn...and my friend I DONT NEED to LIE...I dont hide behind my computer like some...I say it like it is, but I cant help if people think what they want, me personally couldnt care less...

keep smilin

and thank you for being done with me...as I have no tolerence for people who like to turn things around for their own well being...Time for me to go, You keep lovin NJ and stay well and I certainly hope you only have a good life...

Old 10-07-2007, 11:41 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMOMOFTWO View Post
yep it sure does there are 5 colleges according to msnbc as well as Cnn...and my friend I DONT NEED to LIE...I dont hide behind my computer like some...I say it like it is, but I cant help if people think what they want, me personally couldnt care less...

keep smilin

and thank you for being done with me...as I have no tolerence for people who like to turn things around for their own well being...Time for me to go, You keep lovin NJ and stay well and I certainly hope you only have a good life...
Hi...can you provide a link? I Googled and here are the top schools nationally according to what I found. Four are in the northeast and one is in California. Duke doesn't come in until number eight and NC isn't in the top five at all. The next NC school to be found on the list after Duke doesn't show up until number twenty-eight. ETA: Although perhaps needless to add...you'll notice New Jersey at number one.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:09 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Edited...sorry...duplication.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:17 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,517,775 times
to add my two sense, I thought NJ was 100 times better than anywhere in NC. I drove thru the whole state looking to maybe move. This was a vacation/ maybe move trip. I did have only one positive experience, 2 week vacation and I came home 5 lbs thinner. I could not eat that slop.. The food was bad. How many people go on vacation and lose weight? I really hated it, I would take NJ anyday and that is truly a miracle to say. I like other southern states but not NC. I did the unconventional thing I moved to NOrth Country.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:13 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,363,542 times
I love NJ too. Sadly, I have to go back to FL today (well, until Jan/May)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey