Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:29 PM

522 posts, read 993,078 times

Advertisements

Hello

Would anybody be knowing of any auto salvage yard for used auto parts in North or Central Jersey areas ?

Thanks a lot for all info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 08:21 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,310,855 times
Bergenfield Auto Parts was one of my favorites when I lived out there. I've brought cars and motorcycles in car trunks to Apache Auto in Ridgefield Park. Give these a shot. I can't recall others, but there were some in Pal Park and other surrounding towns - the kind you pick at and walk through.
Happy hunting.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:35 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,672,071 times
If Avenel is central jersey to you there are a dozen or so salvage yards on and next to Imman Av. You can park there and walk from one to the next till you find one that has what your looking for.

I found many of them to be too lazy to look for anything. If it aint already taken off and stocked on a shelf they tell you to get lost. There were a couple of them that let you go remove the parts yourself and pay on the way out. I suspect that stopped do to a sue happy society.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:43 AM

Thanks Kin Atoms and desertsun41 for your help

Old 08-22-2008, 11:20 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,983,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
If Avenel is central jersey to you there are a dozen or so salvage yards on and next to Imman Av. You can park there and walk from one to the next till you find one that has what your looking for.

I found many of them to be too lazy to look for anything. If it aint already taken off and stocked on a shelf they tell you to get lost. There were a couple of them that let you go remove the parts yourself and pay on the way out. I suspect that stopped do to a sue happy society.
There are still plenty of pick and pulls around. You won't find them via the internet however. Most salvage yards, scrap yards, etc...have been around for years and years and only have a presence in the local phone book.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:55 AM

23,874 posts, read 33,587,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shet View Post
Hello

Would anybody be knowing of any auto salvage yard for used auto parts in North or Central Jersey areas ?

Thanks a lot for all info.
Where specifically are you needing one?
My dad used to to go to Boro Auto Wreckers in South Plainfield. Very large inventory.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Where specifically are you needing one?
My dad used to to go to Boro Auto Wreckers in South Plainfield. Very large inventory.
Thanks, I would have preferred in North Jersey areas since I live across the TapanZee Bridge. But still South Plainfield works out since I happen to travel to those areas occasionally.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
There are still plenty of pick and pulls around. You won't find them via the internet however. Most salvage yards, scrap yards, etc...have been around for years and years and only have a presence in the local phone book.
Thanks Badfish. I am now wondering how come I forgot this simple route? Thanks for reminding. Using the yellow pages, I got one next to my house. Will be going there today to try my luck.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 5,092 times
Default Auto Salvage in NJ?

Check out Bibb's in Kearny NJ...I'm sure you won't be disappointed

We're in Kearny, NJ
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: 877-634-5296
Website: [url=http://junkcarsforcashnj.com]Bibbs Auto Recycling[/url]

Old 08-10-2011, 03:56 PM

279 posts, read 1,087,278 times
Absolute Auto in Middlesex Boro; I forget the name but there's a pick-n-pull in Somerset on Rt27 between Franklin Blvd and Veronica Ave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey