Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 09:56 PM

23 posts, read 91,257 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

I am from S.C. and my boyfriend and I are looking to move up to NJ. We are 24 and 27 and will be getting married in the next couple years and a couple years after probably start a family. We are looking for our next home to be in a safe, nice area that we can afford. I am a home child care provider as well so a family oriented area would be great. But we also are young, and enjoy going out on the town and shopping and such. I pulled some listings for NJ and have found these citys to be in our price range but I want to make sure that they are places where I will feel safe as a young female and when I have a family I don't have to worry too much about something bad happening. Below is the list of towns I found, I'd love to get your input on each and any other places that would be nice for us. I also want to make a smart investment with the property and area I buy in.
Thank you so much for your time and I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say.

[SIZE=2]Beverly
Quinton
Catskill
Estell Manor
Paulsboro
Newfield
Upper Deerfield TWP
Commercial township
Pitman
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Pennsauken
Lawnside
Millville
Northfield
[/SIZE]Carnerys point
Salem
Bridgeton
[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 05:44 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,625,083 times
Cross Millville, Bridgeton, and Salem off that list. I can't comment on the other areas.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:42 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,269,487 times
Half of those towns I have never heard of, and I consider myself very geographically inclined, especially when it comes to NJ.

Where would you and yoiur husband be working?? Some of those towns are very far from each other...I don't see any connection..?

Old 10-02-2008, 09:38 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,625,083 times
I missed the fact that you had listed Northfield. That's a very nice area with good schools.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:14 AM

3 posts, read 8,989 times
Thumbs up Pitman

Pitman is a really nice town. We have famous craft shows, trolley rides at Christmas time, our own theater, excellent school systems and nice people. The town is very small - there is no bussing to school. The elementary school my kids go to won the Governors Award of Excellence last year. Uptown is really nice, with several cafes and pizza shops, not too mention quaint stores. I love it here!

Old 10-02-2008, 11:18 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,516,551 times
Agree with Pitman being decent, also look in Northfield. Forget about Paulsboro and Pennsauken.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:47 AM

279 posts, read 1,347,901 times
I have lived in NJ for 30 years and I have never heard of any of those towns.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:13 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,932,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshort View Post
I haven't either....must be South Jersey. I have heard of Salem County though.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:15 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,681,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshort View Post
I've heard of all but a few. carney's point is the first town you hit when you cross over from delaware - exit 1 on the turnpike. a lot of them you'll find right off 295 south of cherry hill. they're pretty far down there (well, from my perspective they are )..

Old 10-06-2008, 01:36 AM

23 posts, read 91,257 times
Thanks for all the input everyone! As for work for me and my soon to be fiance. He is a freelance graphic designer who works from his home office however he might do some face to face clientele work in the future, so anything or any place that's relative I guess to anywhere that sort of service would be needed would be good ...as long as it falls under all the other criteria..or even if its close to a major hwy. so it would make it easier and more direct would be nice I think. I am working from home as a child care provider, however when we move till I get situated I will probably get a office job or something for a little while till I get established w/my business in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey