Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 06:29 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,940,420 times

Advertisements

Now you can get in free on your birthday!

FREE BIRTHDAY PASS (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/WhatWillYouCelebrate/index?name=WDWCelebrationsOverviewPage&bhcp=1 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 06:46 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,958,231 times
I heard about this! So cool. I want to go next year, I have not been in EONS. DH is totally anti-Disney - so if he doens't want to go, I'm taking the girls w/o him! LOL!

Old 10-02-2008, 07:51 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,709,300 times
ok, my birthday is in august, so I'd rather pick my eyeballs out with a fork than go to Disney.....but since I have TWINS, a free pass for BOTH of them would be pretty schweet....and that's May!

Old 10-02-2008, 08:50 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,958,231 times
I'm in February I'd LOVE to go then. But I'd have to take the kids out of school. Don't know if I want to do that. But considering that I loathe heat and crowds, I guess I better go when I'd have to take the kids out of school! LOL!

Old 10-03-2008, 05:54 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,635,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
ok, my birthday is in august, so I'd rather pick my eyeballs out with a fork than go to Disney.....but since I have TWINS, a free pass for BOTH of them would be pretty schweet....and that's May!
Sounds like a trip in May for ya. How much do they charge for a pass these days. Haven't been there for 10 years or so?

Old 10-03-2008, 06:05 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,709,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Sounds like a trip in May for ya. How much do they charge for a pass these days. Haven't been there for 10 years or so?
It's a lot, but honestly not much more than Great Adventure. We were there in April and bought 4 10-day no expire tickets and it turns about to be about $40/visit. I think a 1 day pass is about $65?!

Old 10-03-2008, 01:01 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,760,267 times
I havent been there since 89. I would love to take my son but hes not even 2 yet. So spending so much now on something he may never remember is not really worth it to me.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:35 PM

16 posts, read 57,674 times
My husband and I own Disney timeshare (DVC)... it's been great but the only thing that pisses me off is they do not include park passes. I said to my husband, all you are getting is the accommodations (which are beautiful)..... but come on - we are owners.... I heard when they first created it they did give park passes and took the perk away because they were losing alot of money.... It has gotten so expensive. Haven't been there in almost 3 years!.... My B-day is December... the first week down there is awesome!

Old 10-03-2008, 01:39 PM

16 posts, read 57,674 times
Default For RobRiguez....

Hey... I totally understand about not wanting to spend the money on a youngin'..... but you know what... we took my daughter for the first time when she was 14 months... she may really remember being there but she did enjoy herself while she was there and I have pictures that are priceless memories... we took my son when he was 18 months... my little guy is turning 2 and we haven't taken him yet....

I know there are different views on this ... my brother doesn't want to take his little ones either but there are definitely alot of them down there!

Old 10-03-2008, 07:47 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,900,685 times
I took my daughter for the first time this August (HOT) but totally worth it. She is 3 1/2 and loved every second of it - for me this was the youngest I would consider. I'm a parent that believes experiences are what builds the child. I also have personally dreamed of taking my child to Disney someday and as a cancer survivor I never know what tomorrow will be. There isn't a day that goes by she and I don't talk about it.

To save money we stayed at a timeshare off Disney Property that rents rooms. We had a fully furnished 2 bed/2 bath suite with a full kitchen and washer and dryer for $155 per night (an no sales pressure). This was great because we had breakfast in the room and we brought dinner in a couple of nights.

I have lots of tips. There's a couple of good websites to check out to get some money saving ideas...I was surprised to find out that you can carry your own drinks and snacks into the park...a big money saver and the food in the parks actually seemed cheaper than Great Adventure.

If you have girls that love the princesses...check out the Bibbity Boppity Boutique in Cinderella's Castle (you have to make reservations).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey