Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 03:18 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,517,775 times

Advertisements

[the only positive thing in your post is YOU dont live on Kinderkamack you said two houses away, thats a great thing!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 04:38 PM

67 posts, read 335,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
dream on, I lived on Large Ave , I could not make a lousy left turn to get onto Kinderkamack half the time! It's not the noise its the constant traffic!! I mean constant!! Its a MAJOR cut thru road, houses are right up there and yes it is harder to sell your home if you live on Kinderkamack. Now lets not misrepresent the true story here. I guess your worried about selling your home in the future, anyone who would in THIS market buy on kinderkamack should have THE DEAL OF THE CENTURY!!!

Um, sorry, but I completely disagree with you. And, I do not plan on moving for many, many, many years so resale value is not a thought in my mind at this given time. I love my house, which is two houses off Kinderkamack. I simply don't agree with you. Sorry. I'm not on Large Avenue, so I can't comment on your traffic situation. I live on another street which has no traffic issues whatsoever; I'm not on a main cut-through street.

In addition, my neighbor, whose side-lawn is on Kinderkamack, also loves her house and this town. Kinderkamack doesn't bother her, either. She just had a baby and plans to stay here for many, many years.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. I've stated my honest thoughts, and you've stated yours.

I would rebuy my house in an instant if I had to do it over again. I love my house which is two houses off the "dreaded" Kinderkamack!

Old 11-15-2008, 05:36 PM

dream on!! by the way your not on Kinderkamack so can you really form an opinion ? Its crowded and busy!!! Get a train thru and all the light you can see its backed up. However you are entitled to your opinion, honestly I dont think the poster bought on the main road!! Hillsdale has no front lawns , basically your living on a highway that MY opinion!! All my neighbors on Large are all putting their homes up , its a low tax town right? taxes in hillsdale are insane. Old tappan is such a better deal for tax its out of control in little hillsdale!! Nice town, just way too overpriced. look up 102 Large ave and see how great the taxes went up in 4 years. I mean its one thing to hit a 100-300 but 500-1225 for past 5 years crazy. after 1225 last year you figure they would go a little lighter this year. Yeah right another 800!!! and before 1225 it was 700. Keep loving Hillsdale. Here is one bunch of immigrants mexicans who are smart in Hillsdale , they dont own they rent!!!I do miss Ronnie's Bagels though!

Old 11-15-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springcheer View Post
Um, sorry, but I completely disagree with you. And, I do not plan on moving for many, many, many years so resale value is not a thought in my mind at this given time. I love my house, which is two houses off Kinderkamack. I simply don't agree with you. Sorry. I'm not on Large Avenue, so I can't comment on your traffic situation. I live on another street which has no traffic issues whatsoever; I'm not on a main cut-through street.

In addition, my neighbor, whose side-lawn is on Kinderkamack, also loves her house and this town. Kinderkamack doesn't bother her, either. She just had a baby and plans to stay here for many, many years.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. I've stated my honest thoughts, and you've stated yours.

I would rebuy my house in an instant if I had to do it over again. I love my house which is two houses off the "dreaded" Kinderkamack!
Ohh considering most building are 50 feet wide if you live on Kinderkmack your going to here buses and garage trucks and you got to be blind to not see traffic your just plain off. DREAM ON, dream yourself a dream come true!
Ohh and I love the godzilla siren , its so goddamn loud its unbelievable. Hillsdale has become Brooklyn!! Sirens day and night. Queens is actually quieter.

Now to be honest where I live is it a wonderful, no way!!! I can see what it is and be honest, would it be better than some yes, but its by no means heaven. Heaven is Peapack, Gladstone !!! Thats heaven

Old 11-15-2008, 09:10 PM

67 posts, read 335,513 times
My goodness... You seem so angry. You can disagree with someone without being so nasty. I'm just expressing my opinion.

You can't compare Old Tappan and Hillsdale. They are two different animals. The starting price in Old Tappan is much higher than Hillsdale. The reason people buy on Kinderkamack and other busy streets is because they can't afford not to. Some people are willing to make sacrifices in order to live in a good town. I never said Hillsdale was heaven. Please! Nowhere is! I was simply giving my opinion re: the original poster's question.

As for taxes... All taxes in Bergen are insane, not just Hillsdale. You don't have to like Hillsdale, but don't yell at those of us who do. I'm happy. My child is happy. My husband is happy. My neighbors are happy. In Hillsdale, there are a lot of family-friendly activities, and the school system is good.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:15 PM

14 posts, read 94,123 times
It's a very busy road, and personally would not want to live on it. However, I do like the town area of Westwood which is quite convenient. If you're getting a steal for the house then I would "possibly" consider it, however it all comes down to weighing out the pros and cons.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:35 PM

543 posts, read 1,455,924 times
Quote:
My goodness... You seem so angry. You can disagree with someone without being so nasty. I'm just expressing my opinion.

You can't compare Old Tappan and Hillsdale. They are two different animals. The starting price in Old Tappan is much higher than Hillsdale. The reason people buy on Kinderkamack and other busy streets is because they can't afford not to. Some people are willing to make sacrifices in order to live in a good town. I never said Hillsdale was heaven. Please! Nowhere is! I was simply giving my opinion re: the original poster's question.

As for taxes... All taxes in Bergen are insane, not just Hillsdale. You don't have to like Hillsdale, but don't yell at those of us who do. I'm happy. My child is happy. My husband is happy. My neighbors are happy. In Hillsdale, there are a lot of family-friendly activities, and the school system is good.
There are some very nice homes near Kinderkamack, very quaint. And, some people actually like the convenience of being near a main road. I think you're reasoning is very smart.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:51 AM

Quote:

I am not being nasty , your being in denial by saying its not busy and you dont notice it!! I mean if you just told the truth it would be different. I lived in Hillsdale for over 15 years so obviously I did not hate it, I could have moved anytime and it certain was not the case of money. The problem is your lack of really being honest. Its a zoo the road. So lets just tell the truth to the op, and not misrepresent living on that road. She can get another house in Hillsdale or even this house but she needs to know the truth.
Look, I will give you an example, I joined a gym one time, they told me off hours were 10-2 and its dead. So I signed like a fool not checking out for myself and it was packed!! Now same point if we all tell her no no its dead, its quiet its not too busy we are misrepensenting Hillsdale and would have someone unhappy. Good luck and pray you can get them to stop raising the tax 500-800 a year. The people really need a break in Hillsdale. I am very good friends with 3 elderly and they cant hack it anymore. One is an 85 year old vet!!!!!! He calls me crying!!! I have paid his taxes for him to help him stay in his home in HILLSDALE, I have spoke to the town and wrote letters for him.. We are talking 85 and a VETERAN!! What a shame. They tell me tough luck, tell him to move!

Look I am sorry if you see my posts as harsh or nasty, maybe I could express myself different but you got to admit its sad to see an 85 year old man, who has lived in Hillsdale his whole life, gave his life for service and really is having trouble and calls me crying. I have know this family in Hillsdale for along time and this guy is now left with having to go to a reverse mortage. His wife is dead and his two children are clear across the country and could give a damn. So its sad! Now like I said believe me where I live has problems. At first you dont see it, then you open your eyes and think OBJECTIVELY yes there are negitives. But like you said I got a great house for the money!! It was best for what I could afford, so we agree on that point. Look I wish you good luck and no hard feelings!! If I had a house like this in Hillsdale maybe well probably not its gotton too crowded for me but everything was close. However I did not see a world outside of Hillsdale. Bergen county can really make you stay in your two square mile radius. If I had know how great Morris and SOmerset were and Hunderton I would have left long ago. I never knew how beautiful NJ was and is. Just not brooklyn ohh I mean bergen!!

Last note: I have two very good friends Sue and Gary who were my neighbors in Hillsdale. They were the Hillsdale cheerleaders!! I mean you could not have taken two people who loved hillsdale more than them and their kids. Last time we spoke they ran up to me and said they hit us again with 800 dollars after last years 1400 increase in property tax. They have there house on the market. They told me they see no end in sight and asked me how I liked Morris and what the tax. Well I told them and they literally dropped their mouths!! I mean they are coming my way!! Now they have two kids and loved Hillsdale this is one bunch that I thought would never leave!!!!!!!!!! I mean NEVER, so I was wrong. People are leaving, they are burnt out on the extrememly high tax. And Hillsdale is one town that is worse than others in bergen, not the worst but getting bad. That HS and all the struture has really caused an out of control bunch of tax. I dont see how people who bought when it was a middle class town can stay. GOod luck and sorry if I offended you.

Last edited by stevemorse; 11-16-2008 at 04:15 AM..

Old 11-16-2008, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
There are some very nice homes near Kinderkamack, very quaint. And, some people actually like the convenience of being near a main road. I think you're reasoning is very smart.
near is not on the original poster said on. This is different than near. ALot of houses near are nice . I agree with your statement of near. Dont take this the wrong way, but were being a clinton here with words. Poster said ON. I was near Kinderkamack and once liked it. All my neighbors were near and love it. But not on it. There is a difference right??

Old 11-16-2008, 01:12 PM

543 posts, read 1,455,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
near is not on the original poster said on. This is different than near. ALot of houses near are nice . I agree with your statement of near. Dont take this the wrong way, but were being a clinton here with words. Poster said ON. I was near Kinderkamack and once liked it. All my neighbors were near and love it. But not on it. There is a difference right??
Yes, you're right, and posting your own experience as a warning is very helpful. But, the other poster has some positives as well, so don't discount that either. There are many people who, for various reasons, don't mind a very busy area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey