Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 09:30 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,459 times

Advertisements

yea i know its frustrating. i guess we'll just have to hope she does not get sick. i know her pediatrician will see her if she gets sick. she's been with since she was 8. but she does snow board and play alot of sports. so i will just have to pray. by the way for the poster who wanted to know where i live,its aberdeen.
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 08:11 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
yea i know its frustrating. i guess we'll just have to hope she does not get sick. i know her pediatrician will see her if she gets sick. she's been with since she was 8. but she does snow board and play alot of sports. so i will just have to pray. by the way for the poster who wanted to know where i live,its aberdeen.
thanks
Are you sure the college doesn't have it? I know Brookdale does and the cost is minimal. If you have none, they tell you , you must buy theirs. I hate to see anyone without any kind of insurance.

Diane G

Old 01-19-2009, 09:02 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,692,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureNarcotic View Post
I'm sort of in a similar place as your daughter. Just for reference, I'm a 20 year old male. I was working full time until September, and I had health insurance through my job. However, I took a leave for a couple months (to do volunteer work, nonetheless), and so I became a seasonal employee, and even though I started working full time as soon as I returned, I was not eligible for health insurance.

Normally my take on this would be "well, I guess I'll have to try the 'don't get hurt' health insurance policy." However, I have an ingrown toenail that's been making walking hell for the last couple months, and there's barely anything I can do about it. I'm going to college full-time now, so I might be able to get on my father's plan, but even for that I have to wait a bit, and the entire thing has left me extremely frustrated.

I would also call podiatrists and see if they have a sliding scale for you. I had double ingrown toenails so I know the pain you are going through. I actually operated on myself to fix the issue.

If you call doctor's offices individually and explain the situation, they may be able to work something out with you.

In a worse case scenario, what about putting the op on a credit card? Getting an ingrown toenail fixed, depending on how severe it is, isn't that much. It's basically a shot of novacaine, cleaning and repairing the wound, and a follow up visit.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:15 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,978,087 times
Quote:
Hi all. just wondering if anyone has any info where my 19 year old can get low cost health ins. right now im on unemployment so i lost family coverage. she's too old to go on state program. she attends college during day and works 3 hours after so she has not health ins. is there any other agencies or programs we can look into?
thanks
deb
My daughter went to both Burlington County College and Rowan.......it was my understanding that if they wern't covered under their parents policy the college had a carrier that offered low cost insurance ?

Old 01-19-2009, 10:16 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
My daughter went to both Burlington County College and Rowan.......it was my understanding that if they wern't covered under their parents policy the college had a carrier that offered low cost insurance ?
They had the same thing at Brookdale community, so my guess is that all state ir county schools have it.

Diane G

Old 01-19-2009, 10:31 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureNarcotic View Post
I'm sort of in a similar place as your daughter. Just for reference, I'm a 20 year old male. I was working full time until September, and I had health insurance through my job. However, I took a leave for a couple months (to do volunteer work, nonetheless), and so I became a seasonal employee, and even though I started working full time as soon as I returned, I was not eligible for health insurance.

Normally my take on this would be "well, I guess I'll have to try the 'don't get hurt' health insurance policy." However, I have an ingrown toenail that's been making walking hell for the last couple months, and there's barely anything I can do about it. I'm going to college full-time now, so I might be able to get on my father's plan, but even for that I have to wait a bit, and the entire thing has left me extremely frustrated.

There is an excellent podiatrist at Henry J. Austin Clinic on Ewing Street in Trenton, and he is sliding scale........

Old 01-20-2009, 07:21 AM

9 posts, read 22,166 times
I know that when i went to William Paterson U. it was a big deal with the insurance carrier they had--if you didn't show proof every year of having your own ins.(or under your parents) they automatically charged you and put you on---i don't remember it being too high yet do not know what the coverage was--have her check with the health office.
Also for a short time when I did not have ins. I would call the dr. office beforehand and explain that I did not have ins. and ask how much it woud cost--i would also then discuss it with the dr. if i needed anything further--i always found them to be pretty cool about it and the pricing not bad at all.
And you can also find out how much it would be for catastrophic ins. in the case where you wind up in the hospital for something major.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:55 AM

273 posts, read 684,836 times
nj family care covers up to 21 years old and since you are on unemployment you can go on too - it is very cheap. $30 per person

Also Clark First Health in Clark doctor visits are only $50 and now alot of places are doing free antibiotics.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:58 PM

23,868 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
Hi all. just wondering if anyone has any info where my 19 year old can get low cost health ins. right now im on unemployment so i lost family coverage. she's too old to go on state program. she attends college during day and works 3 hours after so she has not health ins. is there any other agencies or programs we can look into?
thanks
deb
Is there a father?
Since she's a full time student, NJ kid care might want proof of a father.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:17 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,046,999 times
Default NJFamilyCare

Quote:
Originally Posted by midagegirl View Post
nj family care covers up to 21 years old and since you are on unemployment you can go on too - it is very cheap. $30 per person
NJFamily care --- my daughter was covered, but cut off at 19 --- Fulltime student - no income --
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey