Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 06:43 PM

652 posts, read 1,784,939 times

Advertisements

I was there and am looking for other residents to reminice about the place and how we all lived. The tunnels, the pool, sneaking around the Hospital etc. Do you remember Aunt Polly or Miss Juney?

I posted this in People search but got no bites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 09:14 PM

Default Nobody?

Come on folks, no one has been there? It was right there behind the Geriatric Hospital in Belleville. I know a lot of folks were there, I was there. Sheesh;-}
There's no shame in it we were kids, our parents hit hard times. Don't be shy, give Your Uncle NutleyNut a little post love. You'll feel better.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:36 PM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Yeah I'm surprised you got no bites here.
Did you ever start any kind of support group yet? How about a FB page for the children's shelter?

I would like to start an Online Support Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutleynut View Post
The Group would be for adults who were children in protective custody in Northern NJ between 1966-1975. This includes kids who were only in shelter's for a while up to DYFS and Foster home placement.
I find that I have never gotten over some of the things that happened to me then, I had only supressed it. I do not have the benefit of family. As a method of helping myself and others I thought of this. The thinking is, I'm not quite so special as to have been the only person who had some bad things happen to them and not really ever get over it.
So I am sending this message to hopefully find like minded people. I worked all my life, I don't like to dwell and fuss but niether do I like to stifle the natural processes of my mind. So I have decided to face this and hope to find others who feel the same way and have the same sort of problem.
We can share our coping strategies and learn how to deal with what happened so that there is real closure for us.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:35 PM

19,120 posts, read 25,316,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Yeah I'm surprised you got no bites here.
Did you ever start any kind of support group yet? How about a FB page for the children's shelter?

The OP has not posted in any thread, in any City Data Forum, since October 3, 2009.
Based on his/her failure to do any posting for ~3 1/2 years, I really doubt if the OP is monitoring this thread.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:08 PM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
The OP has not posted in any thread, in any City Data Forum, since October 3, 2009.
Based on his/her failure to do any posting for ~3 1/2 years, I really doubt if the OP is monitoring this thread.

Oh; is that right? I guess you failed to check his profile to see when he last logged in.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:36 PM

I live.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:19 AM

19,120 posts, read 25,316,835 times
Quote:
I live.
Why have you been so quiet, for so long?

Old 06-10-2014, 11:26 AM

As I recall it a searcher in the people search section was harassing me, I was getting no results in my search for fellow former residents of the Essex County Emergency Children's Shelter (the placement of Children's/Emergency is possibly reversed), and the mods were editing my posts which changed the meaning and I was getting nasty messages and emails from someone who resented my genuine and enthusiastic engagement in the PS section doing exactly what is recommended to do by the PS section people!
Then someone on this site (I expect it was the person on PS who resented me so much) hacked my Yahoo account set up specifically to talk with the one person who had been at and volunteered at the Shelter while I was there and reset the password so I could no longer contact that person of course after sending me a bunch of nasty nasty emails anonymously. Yahoo was of no help in the matter and the CD mods weren't very nice about it either. I think that person was the PI from Boston who made it very clear she resented my attempt's at helping people but I can't prove it. She went suddenly quiet once I reported the nasty anonymous emails here and in a few days my account was hacked and I was blocked out of it.

My welcome back was to have the thread I was responding to closed because I had not been back "In over 5 years" while I was logged in and writing the response! When I posted the response in a new thread it was deleted leaving behind a nasty note accusing me passive aggressively of making accusations. The post was a rebuttal and a personal account form memory addressing the now deleted second comment from the person I was responding to.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:07 AM

2 posts, read 5,742 times
Quote:
Come on folks, no one has been there? It was right there behind the Geriatric Hospital in Belleville. I know a lot of folks were there, I was there. Sheesh;-}
There's no shame in it we were kids, our parents hit hard times. Don't be shy, give Your Uncle NutleyNut a little post love. You'll feel better.
Hi my name is Maritza Iwas there at some point hope you still check this love to taik more.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:13 AM

2 posts, read 5,742 times
I know now I was their for 1year form July 26 1969
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: