Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 05:43 PM

531 posts, read 2,150,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-ian View Post
I do believe there is also "low income" housing going up at the old gsk site on Possumtown road at 287, (across from park).
That's going to be low income housing?!? I thought that site was going to have a data center

From entrepreneur.com:

GVA Williams New Jersey announced it has represented Whale Ventures, LLC in its acquisition of 38 acres of land at 101 Possumtown Road in Piscataway. GVA Williams New Jersey's vice president Colton Brown and first vice president Drew Persson represented the buyer, who plans to construct a new 300,000 s/f data center at the site. Jones Lang LaSalle represented the seller, GlaxoSmith Kline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 05:55 PM

13 posts, read 72,908 times
Default starpoint

I'm not sure about the quality of starpoint, but that area is a NIGHTMARE for traffic! Stelton Road and New Durham are heavily congested, and there is talk of some kind of building at the golf course, (last I heard, residential and retail, "gateway" to Piscataway). The area is also not the best, (School Street, Brotherhood Ave,), but is getting a little better with the newer homes.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:03 PM

531 posts, read 2,150,786 times
LOL sam is right about traffic. My car trembles if I so much as point it in the direction of Stelton.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:25 PM

I don't know about data center, local builder, (pretty trustworthy), told me it was housing and/or mixed use? I have not been down there lately, I'll have to check it out, and maybe give builder a little you know what if misinformed.
Anyway, I just looked up the deed online, 101 Possumtown Road, and was sold from Beecham to Whale ventures, llc, (31.5 acre), for $6.3 million in 2007. Crazy, the "middle class" is long gone. You either have no money or WAY TOO much.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:34 PM

18 posts, read 122,075 times
So traffic around Starpoint is terrible? I will have to commute to RU from either Starpoint via Stelton Rd I think, so I assume it's not a good choice in terms of traffic.

Traffic from Maple Woods to RU didn't seem too terrible when I drove up there, is it?

Old 02-09-2009, 06:43 PM

I think timing is everything when it comes to the traffic. I never take River Road when going that way, I take Hoes Lane. I also wait till 9 or 9:30 to leave office to go to job site, Just to be sure, cause after a 2 1/2 hour commute to office in morning, I really don't tolerate traffic very well at all
I don't know what campus you would be on, but New Bruns. gets pretty crazy in the morning also, (or maybe just when I'm there - murphy's law).

Old 02-09-2009, 08:39 PM

The majority of my classes will be on Busch campus, however I do not know which parking lot they will assign me - hopefully Busch as well. What is the best route from Maple Woods to Busch Campus & Starpoint to Busch Campus?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:48 PM

Default Best routes

From Maple, I would say make left onto possumtown Rd, Go to the light at end, make left onto Centennial ave, at 1st light make right, (yield), onto Hoes Lane, That takes you directly to Busch campus, (actually, hoes lane turns into rte. 18 - defined exits for campus/stadium). From Starpoint, You would stay on Ethel Rd, crossing over Stelton - straight thru light), at end make right onto Suttons Lane, at first light, make left, that takes you into busch, (the first light is an interchange where Hoes Lane/ Rte. 18 Begin exits at Busch campus APPROX). Probably closer from Starpoint, and going to Busch from Starpoint that way wouldn't be to bad with traffic. Hope it helps, good luck.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:04 PM

Wow, thanks for the detailed route, sam-ian. Maple Woods, Maple Grove, Star Point, and Society Hill are my areas of interests at the moment. I know Society Hill is very close to Busch Campus and I hope traffic conditions won't be too bad if I ever do purchase a home at the other areas I listed.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:36 PM

2 posts, read 7,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
One more item to bear in mind about Birch Glen. The big empty lot at the intersection of Birch Run and Possumtown, adjacent to Birch Glen, is slated to be the site for low-income rentals in the near future. Address is 1 Possumtown, the old Rheometrics site.
Hi, I didn't find any more references to low-income rentals. Is this a link/reference that you can point to? I too am considering buying in Maple Groove. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey