Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 05:16 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,603,337 times

Advertisements

Looking For Someone To Help Me Homeschool My Son. We're Considerng Pulling Him Out Of The Current School District That He Attends. We Live In Ocean County. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 04:03 AM

60 posts, read 455,215 times
What kind of help?

Old 06-07-2007, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 9,545 times
Default looking in ocean county

I am also looking to homeschool my child, she is 15 how old is yours? and have u ever home schooled before, i havent my email is sunsettbay5@aol.com

Old 06-07-2007, 11:42 PM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,297,635 times
Go to yahoo!group and search for home schooling and you will see many such groups, and join some, you will get lots of valuable info ...

Also, you can hire tutor from many talent Indian new comers in Edison area, typically, whose husband may get a job at Wall St, and wife came with kid but they got graduate degree and willing to help ...

You can find them by going to Indian global network called Sulekha.com to post ads ...

If you want to "off shoring", you can even hire tutor from India or China directly over Internet for subjects like Math, Science or computers ...

Old 06-08-2007, 11:53 AM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,297,635 times
Also, try to locate bookstores around you like Barnes & Noble or Borders and you can take your kids to bookstores every night ... They have all kinds of books, for kids from very small to very big ...

Let your kids to read books there, and you can get a membership and drink some coffee while reading your own books or magazine, and show your kids wherever fit.

Your kids will be very educated and smart!

Old 07-20-2007, 10:20 AM

31 posts, read 112,492 times
Default NJ Homeschool

[quote=ehs;849871]Go to yahoo!group and search for home schooling and you will see many such groups, and join some, you will get lots of valuable info ...

Here's a group in NJ that you can join to get alot of information. They also have useful resources and many planned activites. Hope this helps!

The NJ Homeschool Hangout-Come play to learn! (Haskell, NJ) - Meetup.com

Old 12-13-2007, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 9,388 times
Default We work with home school students

I currently work with several home school students. I hire tutors who are experts in their fields (teachers included) who have advanced degrees and have retired or are looking for additional income. Go to arc4me.com for more info. If you are looking for a curriculum I can recommend a few.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:52 AM

828 posts, read 3,138,651 times
I wish you luck.
My son is currently in the Lacey school system, and I wish they had more to offer. He is a straight A student, and I wish that there was something in the school system that would be more beneficial than the regular 8-2pm day for him.
I know of one parent here who did pull their child out and is home-schooling her...scary thought to be trying it yourself.
Again, I wish you luck!

Old 02-09-2008, 12:14 PM

1 posts, read 9,298 times
Default Home School Teacher for hire has questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparrish View Post
I currently work with several home school students. I hire tutors who are experts in their fields (teachers included) who have advanced degrees and have retired or are looking for additional income. Go to arc4me.com for more info. If you are looking for a curriculum I can recommend a few.
Thanks for your post. I am a credentialed K-8 teacher. I have been approached to home school for someone else's 4 children. What do you set up with your teachers to support them? What do I need to know to establish a business relationship with parent, and teaching relationship with kids, i.e. discipline, structure, boundaries, etc.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Lisa

Old 01-14-2010, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 7,133 times
To jparrish or anyone else who can help: I am a NJ certified Secondary History teacher, and I taught middle school U.S. history for 6 years in the NYC public school system. I now live in Sussex County, on the border of Morris County, and am looking to find work. Right now I'm subbing and filling in for maternity leave positions, but I'd like to add to this. How do I go about helping to tutor kids who are home schooled? I'd love the chance to help students, if they need it. Any advice someone can give me would be much appreciated! Thank you. Meaghan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: