Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 05:38 PM

132 posts, read 410,435 times

Advertisements

Which set of towns are better buys? Which one has more value in the land?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 05:40 PM

201 posts, read 441,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUALL View Post
Which set of towns are better buys? Which one has more value in the land?
Ridge,and Bedminster.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhills Dad View Post
Ridge,and Bedminster.
Watchung/Warren/Green Brook (more Watchung and Green Brook actually), I was told has more value in the land due to the panoramic views.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:01 PM

201 posts, read 441,265 times
Quote:
Watchung/Warren/Green Brook (more Watchung and Green Brook actually), I was told has more value in the land due to the panoramic views.
Warren is also very nice. Watchung i can see that but not Greenbrook. Basking Ridge and Bedminster you might get more for your money.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:32 PM

43 posts, read 156,836 times
Actually, Green Brook out of the 3 towns it's mentioned with above, is the one with the panoramic views. All of the properties at the very top of the mountain in and around Washington Rock is Green Brook.

Both areas are great.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:12 PM

1,387 posts, read 4,015,731 times
All of these towns are gorgeous. Green Brook is not as wealthy as the rest, but it's still nice. Anyone who has the opportunity to choose between these towns is very fortunate.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:19 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,035,795 times
Out of all the towns you mentioned, Green Brook Twp has the lowest land values, and the lowest overall values period. Green Brook Twp is the most affordable of the 5 towns. The highest land values are in Bernards Twp, Bernardsville Borough, and Warren Twp, where you can't get a decent building lot for less than $500,000.

As far as best buys, I do not think any town has more bargains than any other town really. I think the term bargain is "relative", more a function of an individual property, and is based on strong seller motivation.

You can hypothetically get a $400,000 bargain in Green Brook, and a $2,000,000 bargain in Warren Twp, if those properties have fair market values of $500,000 and $2,400,000, respectively.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch Boy View Post
All of these towns are gorgeous. Green Brook is not as wealthy as the rest, but it's still nice. Anyone who has the opportunity to choose between these towns is very fortunate.
I was looking at the Green Brook prices in the mountain side and the prices are pretty steep. The houses look very impressive, especially the ones near washington rock park.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:06 AM

604 posts, read 2,913,765 times
Be aware that there is a certain amount of snob appeal to having a house on the ridge with a NYC view. Many of those houses are in Green Brook and many are right down the block in Watchung. For years the GB residents have been trying to get annexed to Watchung(aint gonna happen, GB will not give up the ratebles) When asked by Watchung residents weather you are in GB or Watchung you see the snob attitude. Perhaps that is because some of the best views are from homes situated in GB. I knew somebody who built a beautiful McMansion with a view in GB but his wife refused to move in because all her "friends" looked down on the GB address. He eventually sold and moved to Watchung. He should have gotten rid of the wife instead.

E

Old 03-28-2008, 09:43 AM

43 posts, read 156,836 times
Quote:
I was looking at the Green Brook prices in the mountain side and the prices are pretty steep. The houses look very impressive, especially the ones near washington rock park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon View Post
Be aware that there is a certain amount of snob appeal to having a house on the ridge with a NYC view. Many of those houses are in Green Brook and many are right down the block in Watchung. For years the GB residents have been trying to get annexed to Watchung(aint gonna happen, GB will not give up the ratebles) When asked by Watchung residents weather you are in GB or Watchung you see the snob attitude. Perhaps that is because some of the best views are from homes situated in GB. I knew somebody who built a beautiful McMansion with a view in GB but his wife refused to move in because all her "friends" looked down on the GB address. He eventually sold and moved to Watchung. He should have gotten rid of the wife instead.

E
Exactly--as per my mention of this above. Personally (not "professional" opinion) To compare apples to apples on property between GB and Watchun/Warren--the better deal is in GB all around--especially with rateables. Lower schools are blue ribbon schools and GB resident students in Watchung Regional HS score just as high if not higher on test scores--which of course brings out the ire in Watchung residents....making them want to charge the GB resident students MORE to attend the school....it's a class war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey