Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 01:21 PM

13 posts, read 47,439 times

Advertisements

Hi

We are moving to jersey city from Mass in 2 weeks...hubby will be working at hudson street jersey city.. i have a 4 yr old girl and we would be renting a 2 bedroom apartment... We are looking for a family friendly city around jersey city with about 30 min easy public transport commute..since my hubby was telling its difficult to drive to office (cant find parking and traffic) ...i searched and liked Nutley but im concerned about the commute. Safety and easy commute are my only expectations
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 01:44 PM

6 posts, read 16,899 times
Nutley is definitely nice - there are a few gated communities that you can consider. however, i dont know much about the commute from there to Jersey city. i would strongly suggest researching the schools before you consider a location - i have a friend that sends her daugther to a private school since the public school system is not that great and i know how important that is for safron white and green's.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:44 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
Nutley has less than great public transport and is full of gangsters, I would stick with Jersey City South orange or Belleville as far as renting options, the commute and diversity.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:36 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,523,463 times
I'm sorry but that's terrible advice.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:41 PM

592 posts, read 2,187,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmi View Post
Hi

We are moving to jersey city from Mass in 2 weeks...hubby will be working at hudson street jersey city.. i have a 4 yr old girl and we would be renting a 2 bedroom apartment... We are looking for a family friendly city around jersey city with about 30 min easy public transport commute..since my hubby was telling its difficult to drive to office (cant find parking and traffic) ...i searched and liked Nutley but im concerned about the commute. Safety and easy commute are my only expectations
Thanks
family friendly, safe, and easy commute to jersey waterfront? no brainer, bayonne. 15 min lightrail will take you directly to hudson street (exchange place stop). Search bayonne on this forum to get details of area.

You can also checkout some of the gated community: port liberte, society hills(including droyer's point), and boatworks.

I work on the same street as your hubby.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:14 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevedark View Post
I'm sorry but that's terrible advice.
explain. I like gagaliya's advise and he works on the same street as him so who would know better.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
family friendly, safe, and easy commute to jersey waterfront? no brainer, bayonne. 15 min lightrail will take you directly to hudson street (exchange place stop). Search bayonne on this forum to get details of area.

You can also checkout some of the gated community: port liberte, society hills(including droyer's point), and boatworks.

I work on the same street as your hubby.
Thanks i will definitely check out bayonne ....

Old 04-07-2009, 05:21 PM

592 posts, read 2,187,222 times
what's your budget? bayonne is the best value that meets your criteria. But there are better areas like newport or downtown if you are willing to pay more rent (avg 2x bayonne rent).

Old 04-07-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
what's your budget? bayonne is the best value that meets your criteria. But there are better areas like newport or downtown if you are willing to pay more rent (avg 2x bayonne rent).
my budget for 2 bedroom apt is till 1500$
Thanks

Old 04-08-2009, 09:53 AM

2 posts, read 6,842 times
I live in Lyndhurst NJ. There are two train stations in my town. I worked in Hoboken and the train ride was 20 minutes. When you get off in Hoboken terminal there is the light rail and Path that take u to hudson street. My husband is a police officer in JC and we love it in Lyndhurst, look for an apartment here. Close to JC but far enough away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey