Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 10:27 AM

9 posts, read 19,553 times

Advertisements

Relocating to NJ, working in Plainsboro and looking to move into a community with a good youth football program that feeds into a high school with a good football program. My son is in middle school and wants to play D1 football so I am looking for a public (will consider private) high school that has a good football program but also has a good academic program as well. I am not looking for any more than a 45 min commute to work. Please suggest good communities with 4BR homes ~600k or under.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 01:11 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,055,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams058 View Post
Relocating to NJ, working in Plainsboro and looking to move into a community with a good youth football program that feeds into a high school with a good football program. My son is in middle school and wants to play D1 football so I am looking for a public (will consider private) high school that has a good football program but also has a good academic program as well. I am not looking for any more than a 45 min commute to work. Please suggest good communities with 4BR homes ~600k or under.
You might want to consider staying in the West Windsor Plainsboro School District. Your son can play on the Wild Cats team in middle school-http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=wwpwildcats (click on the overview for a description)

The district has two high schools (North and South), South is the original HS and has the better football team (at least up to last year).

The school district has an excellent reputation and consistantly ranks highly in the State-http://www.west-windsor-plainsboro.k12.nj.us/about.html

Best of all.....you can live, work and play in the same neighbourhood!
Best of luck!

Old 05-03-2009, 08:27 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
You might want to consider staying in the West Windsor Plainsboro School District. Your son can play on the Wild Cats team in middle school-http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=wwpwildcats (click on the overview for a description)

The district has two high schools (North and South), South is the original HS and has the better football team (at least up to last year).

The school district has an excellent reputation and consistantly ranks highly in the State-http://www.west-windsor-plainsboro.k12.nj.us/about.html

Best of all.....you can live, work and play in the same neighbourhood!
Best of luck!

I would also suggest keeping in WW-P. South does have better football teams than North. Only thing I can tell you is that if your son happens to be a lineman-type, he won't be able to play on the Wildcats because there are weight limits.

Another thing is that there may not be the type of 4BR home for under 600K that you are looking for. West Windsor and Plainsboro are still overpriced compared to other areas.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:58 AM

Thanks for the responses. My son is not the linebacker type but the running back type but he is used to playing on a league where there are no weight limits except for those who are allowed to carry the ball. I have heard some good things about Piscataway. How long of commute would it be from Plainsboro to Piscataway?

Old 05-09-2009, 08:14 PM

1,184 posts, read 4,045,122 times
Quote:
Thanks for the responses. My son is not the linebacker type but the running back type but he is used to playing on a league where there are no weight limits except for those who are allowed to carry the ball. I have heard some good things about Piscataway. How long of commute would it be from Plainsboro to Piscataway?
Depends on the time of day. Generally it takes about 30 to 40 minutes down Route 18 to Route 1 and Route 1 south to the Plainsboro area. For reference, Route 18 starts at the end of Hoes Lane which goes right past Piscataway High School. And yes, P'way is a good option for high school.

Another public option would be South Brunswick. Your commute from anywhere in this area to Plainsboro is about 5 to 15 minutes depending on which section of Plainsboro you are going to. I'm presuming either the Forrestal Village area or along Schalk's Crossing Road is the location of the job.

Some private schools that come to mind are Notre Dame Regional in Ewing (~35 to 40 mins. to Plainsboro) and the Hun School in Princeton (~10 to 15 mins. to Plainsboro). Most of the other Catholic private schools like Don Bosco are in the northern part of the state which will add significant drive time to your commute.

Quite frankly, though, there is no one high school in NJ that is going to be best of breed for RBs. Joe Martinek is the all-time rushing leader in NJ High School Football with 7,589 yards. He's now the #1/2 RB at Rutgers and went to HS at Hopatcong HS.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:30 PM

Very helpful. I had heard of Hun School but unless they offer scholarships, it is completely out of my budget. I will look into Notre Dame and as well as the South Brunswick community. I also plan to explore Plainsboro as well.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:03 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,055,277 times
Quote:
Very helpful. I had heard of Hun School but unless they offer scholarships, it is completely out of my budget. I will look into Notre Dame and as well as the South Brunswick community. I also plan to explore Plainsboro as well.
Yeah, the Hun School is pricey-http://www.hunschool.org/parents/tuitioninfo.asp

28K for day students and they offer limited merit scholarships, no sports scholarships.

Notre Dame is about 9500/year-http://www.petersons.com/pschools/code/instvcprint.asp?inunid=134185&sponsor=1
They do have financial aid but no sports scholarships.
Notre Dame has a great football program though!
Good luck with your research!

Old 05-11-2009, 05:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,918 times
My name is Luvo Gubevu, from South Africa and i am 18 years old. I would love to join your youth brograms eny thing you have. i am part of a program now that is cold Face to face faith to faith. But i want sam thing more so i hop that you could be abul to halp me. this is how you can get hold of me 0844647804. [email]luvogubevu@yahoo.com.Than[/email]k you.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:51 AM

I am going to NJ new week for a house hunting trip. I will have to stick with Middlesex county and aviod Mercer county because lenders require 20% down in Mercer. I don't understand that. As a result, I will shift my focus to more to South Brunswick and the Middlesex part of WWP school district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey