Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 06:16 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,910,302 times

Advertisements

Xanadu opening delayed until 2010.

Meadowlands Xanadu officials now expect opening sometime in 2010 - NJ.com

If it ever does open I can just picture the trash going there from Jersey City, North Bergen, etc.

Success no. The trash have no money to spend. Haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 06:52 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,663,583 times
I attended several seminars and meetings during the planning stages of the project. Never did it look like the block pattern now seen.

The only positive influence that place had on the area was the railroad link. Beyond that I see it as a disaster.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:47 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,962,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
If it ever does open I can just picture the trash going there from Jersey City, North Bergen, etc.
Uhhhh................ Go away.
People like you are sickening.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:10 PM

106 posts, read 581,476 times
The sightlines were FINE....to say otherwise is a sorry excuse to force taxpayers to build luxury suites that the football team makes the money on. Seating is as close to the field, with great unobstructed vision, as most any place in the country. In fact, when it opened, that was its big selling point, it was designed specifically for football, with a great view from most any seat.

In truth, the TV networks also demanded more room for their cameras, which effectively pushes back the seats from the playing field.

Now, for soccer, the sightlines WERE awkward--as the playing surface was too narrow. Is the "new" stadium going to be wide enough for soccer? And if so...it hardly matters, since the soccer team is moving out. The taxpayers soaked again.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:51 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,962,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie guy View Post
since the soccer team is moving out.
I'm more excited about the Red Bull stadium than the new Giants stadium.
Red Bull New Jersey, I mean New York, has the opportunity to transform a community.
If it is successful, it could bring more business to Newark as well as new housing stock & amenities to Harrison.
The current economic crisis has pushed back everything but the soccer stadium for now, but the plans remain.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:34 AM

501 posts, read 1,429,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
That's not really Xanadu- that's a photo that I fond on Google when I searched "psychadelic building"....lol. The absurd color scheme they picked for Xanadu isn't much different though.
Gotcha. That is psychadelic.

I like to hold on to some hopes up for this project as it's been in planning stages even before this recession hit. The color scheme won't scare me away (although, why they didn't stay with the old design is beyond my comprehension). This place was made to create new jobs. *sighs*

Old 05-21-2009, 07:37 AM

1,110 posts, read 4,371,988 times
Looks just like the old stadium.,. WHy oh why are they making this new one? Atleast put a retractable roof on it! Jeez, look at the Cowboys new stadium - Now thats how you make a new stadium. Waste of money. This reminds me of Yankee Stadium. New stadium, not improved. Actually worse than the original. They are only building new stadiums so they can fit more stores in it so people spend more money. It has nothing to do with 'enhancing' the experience to the average ticket user. Its all geared to corporate buyers and for you to spend more $$$.

Old 07-13-2015, 03:10 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,450,810 times
anyone still own a Giant or Jets PSL? How do you guys still like stadium after five years?

Old 07-13-2015, 03:56 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
anyone still own a Giant or Jets PSL? How do you guys still like stadium after five years?

Yup . It's ok seats are smaller and tighter ,not enough bathrooms .To me anyway it has no soul the old stadium had character or soul ,not this place .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey