Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 05:02 PM

164 posts, read 247,214 times

Advertisements

Please Cliffiside Park has changed so much over the last 10-15 years, I might have moved there 25 years ago, it went from Italans to Spanish ppl quite a while now while Day laborors hang out on all the corners
so if that is your cup of tea then move there...if not then Hackensak Fairmont section or Prospect Ave may be better 4 u!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 9,388 times
jeez - such prejudicism for living near hispanics! whats wrong with living near them? they are hardworking and family oriented people...alot of them are mexican american and have been born and raised in the states and are just as american as you or I..

Old 11-12-2009, 12:40 PM

22 posts, read 180,437 times
I live in Hackensack. It may not the best town in Bergen County, but it has it's appeal. I lived on Prospect Ave for 4 years and loved the express bus to NYC, very convenient. I don't think shops are walking distance though, Hackensack is pretty big. Good luck!

Old 11-12-2009, 06:33 PM

1 posts, read 9,368 times
I jus bought a house in Cliffside Park and moved here 3 weeks ago. I really like it. I looked at a LOT of houses and like it MUCH better than Hackensack. I would try to stay in the northern section of CP though. I liked it much better than closer to Fairview. My area has a very quiet, suburban feel. I feel safe here and the people are really nice.

I just moved out of Washington Heights and had a lot of hispanic neighbors. It doesn't really bother me, but I wanted something a little quieter, like where I grew up. I probably would have bought there, but prices have gone up SOOO much there in the past 10 years it really isn't in my budget. I was renting and found a good deal, but it's just too expensive to buy and you get no yard. (I was in the nicest part of Washington Heights, close to the river).

Most of my neighbors have been here for years and all are really nice and friendly.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:57 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
What kind of moronic accusations are being put on Hackensack?
Hackensack has way bigger and more mansions than Cliffside Park can ever stand up to, so who ever is bringing up the mansion or-deal is speaking out of pure ignorance. Hackensack has it's "areas" that aren't doing great (Central and First area and around Railroad Ave) but there's parts that feels like your walking in and around Ridgewood... Some people just can't handle diversity, and considering Hackensack is in Bergen County, no wonder.

Cliffside Park is ok, but it's way overpriced considering the shape it's in compared to Hackensack and its many high-rise luxury apartments... Hackensack is a better pick.
I was thinking the same thing. I don't believe that there is anywhere in Cliffside Park that can rival Summit Ave. in Hackensack.
Cliffside Park always reminded me of Brooklyn, not a bad thing, just wouldn't live there for that reason. It feels much more urban to me than Hackensack.
In Hackensack, there are streets that make you forget you are anywhere near a major metro area.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:58 AM

526 posts, read 2,068,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I don't believe that there is anywhere in Cliffside Park that can rival Summit Ave. in Hackensack.
Cliffside Park always reminded me of Brooklyn, not a bad thing, just wouldn't live there for that reason. It feels much more urban to me than Hackensack.
In Hackensack, there are streets that make you forget you are anywhere near a major metro area.
Please ... 10 years ago, Hackensack was the "ghetto" of Bergen County and Cliffside Park (particularly the Edgewater border) was prime time real estate. Evidently, a lot has changed since then (new construction in Hackensack, illegal aliens in Cliffside Park), but don't make it sound like that's the way it's always been. Let's relax with the revisionist history.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:55 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-TOWN-R.I.P. View Post
Please ... 10 years ago, Hackensack was the "ghetto" of Bergen County and Cliffside Park (particularly the Edgewater border) was prime time real estate. Evidently, a lot has changed since then (new construction in Hackensack, illegal aliens in Cliffside Park), but don't make it sound like that's the way it's always been. Let's relax with the revisionist history.
You have no clue what you're talking about.
Hackensack has had more prime time real estate now and then than Cliff Side Park has ever stood up to.
hackensack - Google Maps
^ Just take a trip up and down this road

Cliffside Park has half the population of what Hackensack has and it's only 1/4th the size of Hackensack. That right there should immideately tell you how much more Hackensack bears.

And you'd have to be ridiculous to consider Hackensack ghetto at any point in time. It's never had a higher crime rate than national average in its history. Every category related to crime is lower than national average in Hackensack... It might be the most dangerous city in Bergen County by numbers, but I would never consider it ghetto or crime-ridden.

What kind of excuse is "illiegal aliens in Cliffside Park" and "new construction in Hackensack"? Because I'm damn sure Hackensack has/had more illiegal aliens than Cliffside Park.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:28 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,992,674 times
I just looked at that map of Summit Ave and I was not impressed. Its a double yellow line road with houses on bigger lots than you will find on the avarage Cliffside Park lot. If were going to compare the best of both place's I would take Frank Lautenbergs penthouse in the Carlisle building or Dr Oz's spectactular mediterranean style house both with jaw dropping views of the NYC skyline in Cliffside Park over anything in Hackensack.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:50 PM

526 posts, read 2,068,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
You have no clue what you're talking about.
Hackensack has had more prime time real estate now and then than Cliff Side Park has ever stood up to.
hackensack - Google Maps
^ Just take a trip up and down this road

Cliffside Park has half the population of what Hackensack has and it's only 1/4th the size of Hackensack. That right there should immideately tell you how much more Hackensack bears.

And you'd have to be ridiculous to consider Hackensack ghetto at any point in time. It's never had a higher crime rate than national average in its history. Every category related to crime is lower than national average in Hackensack... It might be the most dangerous city in Bergen County by numbers, but I would never consider it ghetto or crime-ridden.

What kind of excuse is "illiegal aliens in Cliffside Park" and "new construction in Hackensack"? Because I'm damn sure Hackensack has/had more illiegal aliens than Cliffside Park.
So I take it you live in Hackensack?

Again, coming from where I was raised, I would never consider any town in Bergen County "ghetto" by any stretch. What I'm saying is the perception of Hackensack a couple years back was that it was not a desirable place to live in comparison to the rest of Bergen County ... and Cliffside Park WAS a very desirable place to live when you considered it bordered Fort Lee and Edgewater, had better schools, a beautiful view of the Hudson and close proximity to NYC. Now I've been out of the loop for awhile so you're telling me that this has changed, and I'll have to take your word for it. But I can tell you for fact that a decade ago, no one who could've afforded both would have ever chosen Hackensack over Cliffside Park. Not in a million years.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:35 PM

164 posts, read 247,214 times
Cliffside Park certianly has nice sections but as prejudice as this may sound I didn't like all the illegals hanging out on almost every corner on Anderson Ave. Of couse Hackensack has some bad area's, always has but lots of new construction and like I said Fairmont, Prospect, Summit Ave are very nice & safe area's in my opinion......maybe it's just me but I don't like Cliffside anymore...20-30 years ago every last name in the school yearbook was a Italian name.......not anymore* Obvioulsy I am Italan & proud of it..."-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey