Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 24,523 times

Advertisements

Seriously thinking of moving to Sayreville, NJ and recently took a day trip. Quality of life looks good and housing reasonable - especially compared to Long Island. Looking for some input on school system and quality of education. Is it part of Old Bridge schools or Matawan? All replies welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 12:47 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,926,686 times
Sayreville has it's own school system which is about average I believe. It's not the best, and not the worst. They're HS just had a big addition put onto it. My sister lives in Parlin which is a part of Sayreville and my nephews seem to be doing fine in school (they are in elementary school). I wouldn't rule it out by any means.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:48 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,786,025 times
Sayreville school system is over populated..My sister in-law sits in the library to eat her lunch, do to no room in the Cafeteria. The school is not part of Old bridge or Matawan.
What are you looking for in a house?

Old 05-10-2007, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 24,438 times
well i've lived in sayreville since i was 8, and i'm now 22. the school system is actually GREAT. i go to school in long island and everybody there seems to be so amazed at the quality of my education, including my professors. that's one thing to consider. it's beautiful here, but i'm quite bored all the time. my parents adore this place though; great for families.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:54 PM

1 posts, read 24,199 times
Default Grew up in Sayreville

I grew up there. Now, I'm 23. There was an article in the local paper a few days ago that had Sayreville rated at something like 47th in the nation as far as places to live. That probably considers its location night life, and low rate of crime. It's a good town, but I don't know what would make it THAT special.
It has really nice neighborhoods, and neighborhoods that aren't so great. Even so, it's a relatively safe town. The schools are good. I went there, and I recently graduated from Rutgers. I plan on pursuing an MBA. Sayreville schools definitely gave me a good foundation for Rutgers. They are overcrowded right now, though. East Brunswick, South Brunswick, or Old Bridge schools are probably better, honestly, but property taxes are also a lot higher. Nevertheless, I learned Spanish with some fluency, calculus, and read Shakespaere in Sayreville public schools.
You are in close proximity to many major highways. You're 45 minutes outside of NYC and about an hour or so from Philadelphia. The parkway is right there and will take you down the shore, to Wildwood, Atlantic City, etc... Any store or restaurant, night club, or comedy you can think of is close by.
It's a quiet town, boring at times. Not unlike any other suburban town that you go to. Sayreville cops are more relaxed than surrounding towns, for the most part, especially if you live in Sayreville. If there's anything else that you want to know about Sayreville, let me know.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 24,179 times
Hey,
I'm getting married next September and I'm looking for ideas on ways to save money on my wedding. I really don't want to spend a lot of money on my wedding my budget is $6000.00 because we also plan on buying a house within the year .I would like to find a banquet hall within the Union,Essex,or Middlesex area that well allow me to just rent the hall and we take care of our own caterings if anyone knows a place please give me the name of the hall I am sooooo desperate.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:49 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,096,399 times
Sayreville is great. I have sold homes to many customers in the area and they are all happy. The school system was important to all of them and I have not heard any complaints. Like others have said, they are not the best in Middlesex County but they are better than average. Good luck with your home search.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:29 AM

687 posts, read 3,251,011 times
I've lived here for four years, and I have been quite happy here. The demographics of the town have changed in the last ten years or so. It used to be predominantly blue collar and had a huge Polish population. Sayreville has become increasingly diverse with the introduction of everything from McMansions to additonal ethnic groups.

The people here are super nice for the most part. Very down to earth, salt of the earth. There isn't nearly as much of the keeping up with the Joneses stuff you'll find in many of the towns in Central New Jersey. Housing is less costly than in most of these towns as well.

What other posters have said about the schools is pretty accurate. The addition on the high school, however, isn't complete and won't be for another three years or so. There are some over-crowding issues, but the district is trying to address them with the HS addition, a new Upper Elementary school that opened three years ago, and other plans.

Last edited by juliann1977; 07-20-2007 at 06:44 AM.. Reason: Add info.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:01 AM

119 posts, read 240,268 times
Among other things, Sayerville has the BEST skatepark in New Jersey located at wonder JFK Park where there is a huge nice lake and many tennis courts ...etc. One of my clients living at Edison drove his kids over every week to skate there. Well, Edison also has one at Municipal Building but really can not compete with the one at Sayerville. Take a look at snakeboarder.com for all skateparks in NJ to compare ...

Old 07-22-2007, 05:33 PM

201 posts, read 1,012,600 times
I think Sayreville is on Money Mags top 100 places to live, plus Bon jovi loves it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey