Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 10:11 AM

861 posts, read 2,718,861 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone has used them for a Mortgage....

We got a great pre-approval from them, so wanted to go with them for the Mortgage commitment.

We went into attorney review yesterday for a townhouse, and wanting to get a jump start on things, I called them to get the commitment process rolling. It's a good thing I did because they said they have about a 45 day wait for commitments right now!

Our closing was all ready scheduled for November 6th, yet now the sellers are pushing to move it up. I am worried a long wait might make the deal fall through.

Are all lenders experiencing a delay right now? Has anyone else used Affinity with good/bad experiences to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 11:58 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,700,318 times
I've used AFCU several times and has a GREAT experience...maybe they are overwhelmed b/c of refi's and stuff.

They are truly a top notch institution, along with NJM (insurance).

Old 09-24-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I've used AFCU several times and has a GREAT experience...maybe they are overwhelmed b/c of refi's and stuff.

Thanks... thats really encouraging to hear.
I have heard credit unions in general over banks tend to have a slightly better reputation.
I feel a little bit better... this whole process is so anxiety producing!

Old 09-24-2009, 12:23 PM

555 posts, read 1,654,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLynn822 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has used them for a Mortgage....

We got a great pre-approval from them, so wanted to go with them for the Mortgage commitment.

We went into attorney review yesterday for a townhouse, and wanting to get a jump start on things, I called them to get the commitment process rolling. It's a good thing I did because they said they have about a 45 day wait for commitments right now!

Our closing was all ready scheduled for November 6th, yet now the sellers are pushing to move it up. I am worried a long wait might make the deal fall through.

Are all lenders experiencing a delay right now? Has anyone else used Affinity with good/bad experiences to share?
In this market if a seller has a buyer on the hook for a price they can accept, I highly doubt they are going anywhere even if it does take an extra week or two for the bank to figure things out. Unless you really lowballed and feel like you got an absolute steal due to someone's unfortunate circumstances and/or poor decision making, I'd say you have very little to worry about.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:17 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post

Agree with you on both AFCU and NJM.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:55 AM

604 posts, read 2,011,934 times
I was under the impression that Heather-Lynn already has locked in int. rate @ 4.875 with AFCU. Was that a 60-day lock? They have to finish the work within that lock-in period - meaning the settlement not just the commitment ... SO I am little confuseed as to why AFCU cannot give her the settlement by Nov. 6 not just the committment unless she is looking for for a new lock?

Old 09-26-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armx View Post
I was under the impression that Heather-Lynn already has locked in int. rate @ 4.875 with AFCU. Was that a 60-day lock? They have to finish the work within that lock-in period - meaning the settlement not just the commitment ... SO I am little confuseed as to why AFCU cannot give her the settlement by Nov. 6 not just the committment unless she is looking for for a new lock?
Yes this is true... (plus no charge for the lock in rate )... so it is a question I will have to raise with my broker on Monday. Thanks for bringing it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: