Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 08:25 PM

256 posts, read 842,010 times

Advertisements

I think we should just let the voters decide....

Corzine is clearly not a good governor. i am not crazy about the other candidates, but i think Obama and all the others should stay out of it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 08:31 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,639,437 times
I don't see the point of Clinton's presence. As for Obama and Biden, it makes sense, as both major parties always spend some amount of effort on maintaining their gubernatorial positions, which oftens manifests in the White House taking a side/getting involved. If McCain was elected, I would expect him to make a statement or visit NJ in support of Christie. That said, I think the whole lot (Obama, Biden, and Corzine) would be more useful in cement boots at the bottom of the Hudson.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:39 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Huge gamble. If Corzine loses Obama will look like a loser too.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:31 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Default why would they do that?

O, B, C appear desperate to get involved in Nj politics....they are worried.

Their appearance supporting JC should be enough incentive to get CC elected.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:45 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,789,213 times
I think with all those great leaders stumping for him, Corzine is looking more and more like the sure winner!

Old 10-22-2009, 10:44 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,631,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo99 View Post
I think we should just let the voters decide....

Corzine is clearly not a good governor. i am not crazy about the other candidates, but i think Obama and all the others should stay out of it
They probably all belong to the same mafia family.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:01 AM

604 posts, read 2,011,569 times
Corzine was a senator before ...POTUS and VPOTUS were senators too ...they know something about the "club" member and must have some kinship. Nobody in executive position anywhere - any state or federal govt. is really responsible for the current state of affairs as much as that slimy thief imposter-economist from Texas Phil Gramm - for staging the midnight coup regarding the financial institutions and regulations.

We are in this monster-size mess because of our capitalist (read: controlled by greed) system that was allowed to rape the unsuspecting investors without care.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:05 AM

531 posts, read 2,899,495 times
Check out the NY Times article that was posted earlier today. It goes into details as to why Obama & Biden have been visibly supporting Corzine.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:27 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,126,817 times
Hold on, you mean that Republicans can stup for each other but Dems can't?

I am not crazy about them doing this, but the one thing I can take comfort in is the apparent attempt to get a bit more cohesive unity and support in the Democratic party.....

They have been nipping at each other's heels too long, and only the collapse of the economy, and the Neo Con edifice, has made it so that they are now the majority. If they do not try to work together more, they will be out again in 4-8 years.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:39 AM

72 posts, read 108,090 times
I'm a registered republican here in Morris County but I don't see anything unusual for these dem leaders to come to nj & rally for Corzine.
Former Pres. George Bush came to NJ twice to campaign for Tom Kean. Rudy Giulani & George Pataki also came multiple times to help our GOP nominee.

Why should it be any different for these democrats? Lets not make a big deal over nothing.

Would O,C & B coming help Corzine? Of course it would help Corzine with his democratic base.

Today, republicans are much more engaged and energized than democrats. In a dead heat race like this, Christie cannot win in our state of NJ if democrats in places like Hudson, Essex, Union come out in numbers. They just have a large numerical advantage in our state. that's what Obama, Bid & Clinton are attempting to do.

As I've said, Christie would have to be leading here in NJ by at least 6% to 8% to ensure victory for any republican running for statewide office in new jersey today.

Right now, multiple polls show a dead heat within the margin of error. That's not good for any GOP running statewide in NJ. When you add the " Get Out the Vote" advantage of democrats thru their unions, a dead heat is very tough to win.

On election night, pay close attention to Essex, Hudson & Union. Its all about how big of a margin in actual raw numbers Corzine gets in these three populated counties.

For Corzine, its all about turnout at this point. If the Dem base comes out, it would be a long night for Christie. Morris & Hunterdon dont' have enough reps to match the dem numbers in Essex & Hudson.

McGreevery, Menendez & Corzine have all benefited from close races due to their superior base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey