Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 11:00 AM

631 posts, read 721,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
They never met a ponzi scheme they didn't like.

Suits me fine since I'm set to close in December. As a policy proposal however, it's right up there in the "bad policy hall of fame" with cash for clunkers.

Not trying too call you out but, if you don't like the policy, why are you taking the money? Its like a atheist expecting christmas presents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 11:12 AM

555 posts, read 1,656,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
Not trying too call you out but, if you don't like the policy, why are you taking the money? Its like a atheist expecting christmas presents.
All we do by refusing the money is hurt ourselves unnecessarily... would you refuse money given to you in a will if you didn't need it or didn't like the person who gave it to you? If the Government is going to give out free money, me accepting it or not won't change that, I'm as good as any to stimulate the economy with the handout!

Old 11-05-2009, 11:21 AM

2,771 posts, read 6,287,008 times
Quote:
I don't like the policy because it artificially drives up house prices by making it easy for people with relatively low savings to buy.

My buying power is already hit once if I take the money (because you have a flood of people who can suddenly use that 8k and get a 3.5% down FHA loan, who otherwise would not be able to compete with my bid). Why should I take another hit by not taking the money ?

Old 11-05-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemmert View Post
All we do by refusing the money is hurt ourselves unnecessarily... would you refuse money given to you in a will if you didn't need it or didn't like the person who gave it to you? If the Government is going to give out free money, me accepting it or not won't change that, I'm as good as any to stimulate the economy with the handout!

If the money comes from someone's will its alittle different. All I'm saying is people dislike this policy, but have no problem selling out their convictions if it helps their wallet. The other poster isn't the only one, hell Jindal and Palin did it too with stimulus money for Alaska and Louisiana.

Also keep in mind, people who dont like this policy say it wont stimulate the economy, so I dont understand why someone would take it if

Old 11-05-2009, 01:07 PM

268 posts, read 762,791 times
Quote:
They never met a ponzi scheme they didn't like.

Suits me fine since I'm set to close in December. As a policy proposal however, it's right up there in the "bad policy hall of fame" with cash for clunkers.
Me too, I'll take it!

Old 11-05-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
If the money comes from someone's will its alittle different. All I'm saying is people dislike this policy, but have no problem selling out their convictions if it helps their wallet.
There is no "selling out" of my "convictions". I am against them giving it out, because it is their job to spend tax payer money responsibly. I'm not against me or anyone else accepting it.

My responsibilities are to myself, my family, etc. Their responsibilities are to tax paying citizens.

I have fulfilled my responsibility by upholding the best interests of my family. They have failed miserably at theirs, by abandoning the interests of the tax payer.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:37 PM

555 posts, read 1,656,320 times
Quote:
There is no "selling out" of my "convictions". I am against them giving it out, because it is their job to spend tax payer money responsibly. I'm not against me or anyone else accepting it.

My responsibilities are to myself, my family, etc. Their responsibilities are to tax paying citizens.

I have fulfilled my responsibility by upholding the best interests of my family. They have failed miserably at theirs, by abandoning the interests of the tax payer.
Extremely well said.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:

Sorry but you are. You think the government has abandoned the interests of the tax payers, but you have no problem participating in the program. Lots of people do it, its no big deal but I just think its funny when people point out how bad the policy is, but then turn around and stick their hand in the pot. Again What did Palin and Jindal do??? Say the stimulus was a bad idea... then went right to the bank with the big check from the government.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Sorry but you are. You think the government has abandoned the interests of the tax payers, but you have no problem participating in the program. Lots of people do it, its no big deal but I just think its funny when people point out how bad the policy is, but then turn around and stick their hand in the pot. Again What did Palin and Jindal do??? Say the stimulus was a bad idea... then went right to the bank with the big check from the government.
That you find this "funny" indicates that you have a very poor understanding of what responsibility is, and who is responsible for what.

Again, there is no inconsistency in their case either. They did what they believed was the right thing by their constituents. They also believed that the federal government was doing the wrong thing by its citizens.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
That you find this "funny" indicates that you have a very poor understanding of what responsibility is, and who is responsible for what.

Again, there is no inconsistency in their case either. They did what they believed was the right thing by their constituents. They also believed that the federal government was doing the wrong thing by its citizens.

I think you have a poor understanding of hypocrisy. We'll just have to agree to disagree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: