Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 01:18 PM

467 posts, read 1,490,257 times

Advertisements

Hazlet is a very nice town with families and working people...If you want to go
a little further south try Red Bank...also nice town, although the prices on
houses have gone up quite a bit. kind of a yuppie town, Lots of nice restaurants. Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 04:01 PM

80 posts, read 397,171 times
thank you all for your replies...i really appreciate the help.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:37 PM

244 posts, read 1,051,218 times
Hi Andy. I have grown up in Hazlet, so I can answer a lot of your questions about the area. Also PM or email me if you would like.

You asked about Airport Plaza. It's the name of the shopping plaza for the bus. It actually is in Hazlet on the corner of Rt. 36 and Poole Ave.

Night life in the area isn't NYC or even Red Bank. But Red Bank is very nearby. Also, Hazlet has the Multiplex theatre (still miss the Drive-in), and the area has restaurants that are ok.

West Keansburg is a section of Hazlet. It's fine and safe. Maybe it's a little less nice than the rest of the town, but by no means is it bad in any way either. (If that makes sense).

Old 05-19-2007, 12:18 AM
ehs

341 posts, read 2,298,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh428 View Post
Im currently looking for a home in central NJ. My budget is anywhere from $325k-$425k. Im looking at Monmouth County (Hazlet,Tinton Falls,Middletown,Matawan etc.) I chose these areas b/c of the lower home prices and more for your dollar with big yards and cleaner looking neighborhoods and good schools. Any advice or information on these or other areas similar to the ones mentioned earlier when it comes to getting to NYC for work? I am looking for a mother/daughter or a home that can convert to mother/daughter. I will be commuting to Manhattan so I need easy access to the train or bus in the area. I checked nj transit and wow what a difference in price from the nyc subway lol. Any tips on saving $ when using nj transit? Thanks in advance.
Since you said other town of similiar requirements you got, I would say you may consider Piscataway. One reason is that you like a house with big yard, and at Piscataway, most people bought condo and townhouses for some reason, maybe many are immigrant and not so handy on handling house, so you would be able to buy a nice property at your price range, or even lower.

This is great opportunity for people like you! just like many tenants prefer to rent ground floor here (don't want to climb the staircase) whereas most Americans love top floor (with gorgeous view!) so there is great compliment in this area.

As to commute to NYC, you got Edison Train Station and Dunellen Train Station depending on which area of Piscataway you buy. Many immigrant may be willing to pay $300,000 to buy a 2br condo in town, but you will be very exciting to find a nice ranch with big lot of only $250,000. You can buy it and raise it easily in town within building envelope.

I passed School St to see someone bought a house of 1/2 acre and make it really nice, and it is close to Edison Train Station, of 45 min to NYC Penn Stn. The other side of School St even better with ONE full acre and behind is Fairware Golf Center. There are lots of good opportunities there. End of School St would be Rutgers Univ.

Also, you mentioned mother/daughter house, somehow these houses in Piscataway cost the least! e.g. I know someone willing to sell her 5 br mother/daughter house for $400k. upstair with full kitchen and 3br and downstairs 2br with full kitch, with big property.

Again, you need to go to realtor dott comm to search to realize what I said, but for people like my colleague NEVER mow the lawn when he grew up in Taiwan, he insisted bought a 3br townhouse and NEVER worry about yard work. Since so many people in the area like him, so it is great opportunities for people like you who love house with big properties here ...

If you talk to many prospective buyers in town who were not born here, you will find out they either buy 2br condo or 2br or 3br townhouse... Like they will prefer to pay $450k to buy a 3br townhouse and $200 maintenance fee rather than a house, the bigger the property the worse to them, need more effort to maintain, and don't know how to ... and every year they may spend 6 weeks or more back to their born countries, big property is a problem!

But it is a problem to them, it could be your opportunity to get nice deam house within your budget in town ...

Old 07-27-2007, 06:00 PM

13 posts, read 42,823 times
Can anyone park in Airport Plaza or is there a waiting list? What about cost to park there? I may be moving in the area soon and want to know what my options are for parking in a commuter lot.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:29 PM

66 posts, read 391,243 times
Default Matawan

My vote is for Mataween / Aberdeen. I have a good friend that lives in the Strathmore section of Matawan (border of Holmdel) near route 34. I am very impressed by his house. He owns a 3 bedroom / 2 bath. The development is nice and its close to Rt 34, tons of restaurants, movie theater, etc. Also close to Rt. 35, which also has a lot of the same. You can take the train (Matawan) or the bus to midtown. Check it out for yourself.

Old 07-28-2007, 05:50 AM

32 posts, read 99,015 times
Kort-you forgot broken down junker cars in driveways or on lawns.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:19 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,506,827 times
Go to northern Tinton Falls

Old 09-30-2009, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,343 times
Thumbs up House in Monmouth COunty NJ

My house is for sale and registered with a Realtor
-Carol Lewis Office(732)462-4242 Cell (732)690-2226.

Monmouth County-Marlboro / Morganville -Development: Triangle Oaks – Reduced price - 5 bedrooms - 3 bathrooms - 5 Bedrooms - Finished basement + Workshop - 3 zone hot water heat – Super insulated hot water delivery system - Double filtered under counter drinking water system - Air conditioned – Large full Deck - New downstairs floor – Central Humidifier - Piping installed for central vacuum - All rooms have Hardwood floors - Large wooded Backyard big enough for a pool and tennis court - $475K

Old 09-30-2009, 07:04 PM

5,174 posts, read 3,779,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southamboy View Post
My vote is for Mataween / Aberdeen. I have a good friend that lives in the Strathmore section of Matawan (border of Holmdel) near route 34. I am very impressed by his house. He owns a 3 bedroom / 2 bath. The development is nice and its close to Rt 34, tons of restaurants, movie theater, etc. Also close to Rt. 35, which also has a lot of the same. You can take the train (Matawan) or the bus to midtown. Check it out for yourself.

I second this. The further south you go on 34 the prices will go higher. 325-400K might get you something decent these days but don't expect a newer home. Lakeside over near the Old Bridge border has some nice homes with larger yards. Short drive to the train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey