Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 12:04 PM

4 posts, read 15,935 times

Advertisements

I live in Keyport straight out of Manhattan, and it's great! No need to lock your doors, safe at night, and very friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 08:27 PM

1,215 posts, read 3,291,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynjwoman View Post
I live in Keyport straight out of Manhattan, and it's great! No need to lock your doors, safe at night, and very friendly.
Are you working in NYC? If so, how's the commute? BTW, what exit off the GSP is Keyport, and how far off the exit? Thank you.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:32 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EANJ View Post
Are you working in NYC? If so, how's the commute? BTW, what exit off the GSP is Keyport, and how far off the exit? Thank you.
(I don't live in Keyport, but),

Exit 117 or 117a - about 1-2 miles from the exit.

Old 12-23-2007, 05:32 PM

3 posts, read 10,297 times
Default keyport

keyport is kinda iffy in some parts but some are nice. around the school the houses are very nice but around the lockport section there are some okay ones and crappy ones. the downtown area is nice. the schools are not the best but not the worst. overall keyport seems to be kinda iffy.

Old 12-23-2007, 05:36 PM

3 posts, read 10,297 times
by the way "nynjwoman" you should lock you doors. my house got broken into and many things were missing. the next week or so my neighbors house got broken in too.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,797 times
Old Keyport Girl....I was one of seven born and raised in Keyport.Osborn Street,by the water tower..Had a very happy childhood for the most part..School was one block away..grammer school..If you had money in the town,you were given alot of extra help..NOT US!Ran loose till the five o'clock whisle or the street lights came on..My older brothers and sister hung out at the Cup and Saucer down town..Skated all over at that time..1950s--My mom was the cashier at the Strand movie for years so free movies for us!Life is what you make it so enjoy where ever you live..You make your own greener grass...Enjoy!

Old 07-28-2010, 12:19 PM

1,422 posts, read 3,441,815 times
i live one town over in matawan but i love keyport. yes some areas are not that great but not as bad as some towns. as someone stated the immigration proplem is bad there,yes but its all over,matawan is pretty bad, i used to go to the 711 by the train station in matawan,not anymore. there are usually over 100 illegal immigrants hanging around. i think they come off the train from other places and wait to get picked up for work.but i just hated when i pulled up and they would all stare and glare at me or my 18 year old daughter when we got out and speak in spanish and smile at us. very creepy feeling. i could only imagine what they were saying.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:40 PM

60 posts, read 130,268 times
We lived in Keyport for 8 years and LOVED it. We are academics who commuted to NYC (walked to the bus) and Montclair. Third Street by Green Grove was the cutest neighborhood with lots of families and cool neighbors who would hang out in their yard barefoot, drinking wine and lighting their tiki torches while their kids played ball.

We met people from everywhere. I worked with people who lived in Keyport as well and I was usually surprised when I heard what other people who live in towns like Hazlet were saying about Keyport. Most of it is just not true.

If you like older, restored Victorian homes and quirky, educated neighbors who enjoy opera, cajun food, imported wine and Irish bar songs, then Keyport would fit you. If you are looking for a brick ranch with a chain-link fence and cookie-cutter lawns, check out Hazlet or Matawan. Parts of Matawan are cute but they are awfully close to the train to be peaceful.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:42 PM

60 posts, read 130,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynjwoman View Post

Yes. This was more like my experience.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:16 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
And a good indie coffee shop, Joe's Espresso, on Front Street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey