Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 11:40 AM

5 posts, read 9,788 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of getting a separation and am planning on moving to New Jersey. I am looking around Vineland area, does anyone know anything- anything at all that could help me? Help me get familiar with the neighborhood as well as moving on my own. I'm 26 years old and have never lived on my own! Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 12:25 PM

96 posts, read 186,959 times
You are far from my area but are willing to help if you have some questions about the state. I have one question for you..... why NJ? I am asking because it is a good state to live in if you have what I call the NJ gene. Here to help if you have any questions. I live near the NYC area.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:47 PM

4,285 posts, read 10,763,461 times
your moving for a job yea?

Vineland is kind of no mans land. Had a friend who lived on a farm in the town

Old 02-25-2010, 05:36 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,104 times
Vineland is such a dull, shabby city.
What's your budget? Are you looking to own or rent?

I'd love to help if I could.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:48 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,338,005 times
Yeah hopefully you have a job near there, as Vineland isn't really close to much. There are a couple parts of Vineland that aren't that great, but a lot of it is pretty rural. But it is pretty cheap as far as NJ is concerned.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:57 PM

Yeah, don't have a lot of money, I've always liked New Jersey and have wanted to move there since i was a teenager and i'm finally getting the chance! I'd like to own, but i doubt if there's anything for 100 grand or less that's in livable condition, and i don't know the first thing about buying a house, especially in another state, so i think i'd stick with renting. I was looking into Regency Court Apartments, any thoughts?

Old 02-25-2010, 05:58 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,872,134 times
rent as far away from Vineland that you can get... Where are you working?

Old 02-25-2010, 06:00 PM

i don't have a job there lined up yet, but i'm a hairdresser

Old 02-25-2010, 06:11 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,975,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockindrums9 View Post
Yeah, don't have a lot of money, I've always liked New Jersey and have wanted to move there since i was a teenager and i'm finally getting the chance! I'd like to own, but i doubt if there's anything for 100 grand or less that's in livable condition, and i don't know the first thing about buying a house, especially in another state, so i think i'd stick with renting. I was looking into Regency Court Apartments, any thoughts?
My advice is choose another state.....NJ has the highest property taxes of all 50 states....go somewhere thats its not such a financial struggle, especially for those starting out.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:47 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,884,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockindrums9 View Post
I am in the process of getting a separation and am planning on moving to New Jersey. I am looking around Vineland area, does anyone know anything- anything at all that could help me? Help me get familiar with the neighborhood as well as moving on my own. I'm 26 years old and have never lived on my own! Thanks in advance
I'm 20 and I've lived in Vineland my entire life. Currently I'm away at college in Newark, NJ.

Anywho, Vineland's a pretty awesome place to live. It's a nice relatively quite town, that's no more than an hour's drive from everything. Depending on how fast you drive and traffic, you can be in Philly in about an hour, and in A.C. in less than an hour. Our downtown's on the upswing, but currently leaves much to be desired. Currently it's almost ghetto like, it's surrounded by decent blue color to upper middle class neighborhoods, surrounded by farmland with a few VERY rich/posh neighborhoods.

The people here tend to be very friendly, although a bit cliquish at times. It shouldn't be too hard to find a job as a hairdresser in the area.

Personally though, I would NEVER rent an apartment in Vineland, as that's usually where the crimes happen that aren't somewhere in Center City Vineland. I plan on never moving to another town.

P.M. me with any questions

P.S. To those of you bashing Vineland, I take offense to that. It's my home, and I love it there. I can live in a nice rural setting and still be close to a major U.S. city and the ocean. It's also a bit of an ethnic enclave for Italians, Puerto Ricans, and Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: