Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 05:39 PM

18 posts, read 43,333 times

Advertisements

I live in Cranford and highly recommend. I have visited SanFrancisco twice and love the city!

Cranford is a small, close knit community with 2 town pools, tennis clubs, canoe club running thru town, newer community center with programs for all, great library,houses of worship and great sports programs for the kids.
The school system is excellent (2 kids went through) and had no trouble getting into a top college.

Train runs through town so convenient to get to NYC.
It's worth a look!

Good luck in your search wherever you end up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 09:15 PM

12 posts, read 89,462 times
Default Mahwah

Mahwah is amazing with low taxes, great schools and train commute BY Ramsey 17 station. Ramsey is also a great family town but high taxes. Lots of parks, safe, and great value.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:33 PM

3 posts, read 7,514 times
A good friend of mine grew up in Glen Ridge, moved to Hoboken for a few years, and just moved back to Glen Ridge on Friday. She absolutely loves it and she said the schools there are excellent. The whole town is very quaint and the street lights are the old fashioned lamps....just lovely.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:11 PM

127 posts, read 306,900 times
Hella cool. I've lived in both areas. SoMa & Marin for grad school, now in Oregon, but grew up in Palisades Park, Bergen County NJ when it was still Italan-Greek-Slav. Now its an upscale Koreatown.

For half-mil & good for kids, I recommend anywhere around Tenafly. A few small older 3b/2bth homes avail in that range. Easy commute.

If you're willing to do a longer commute, also recommend Edison, NJ toward Rutgers Univ.
The Official Web Site Of Edison, NJ -- The Birth Place of the Technological Revolution

But, you can get a serious castle nowadays way out in the little townships too. If your wife sees these homes at $600k, she'll say, "Yes, you WILL commute 3 hours because you love me." lol

http://www.americanhomeguides.com/ho..._township.html

Old 04-15-2010, 04:45 PM

3 posts, read 4,977 times
Thanks a bunch guys.. am looking at these neighborhoods.. Plan to make a trip there end of this month to get a feel of these towns.. Hope to have a fun time..

Old 02-25-2011, 06:03 PM

91 posts, read 376,298 times
Just curious. Did you ever move out here and, if yes, what town did you settle on?

Old 02-25-2011, 07:11 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,830,420 times
Anywhere in downtown JC is your best bet. Hoboken could work if you're ok with being surrounded by yuppies and a loud nightlife scene.
Lyndhurst is a possibility, you'd have both Kingsland and the Lyndhurst station (The Main line) that gets you to the Hoboken PATH/Light rails in about 20 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey