Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 PM

196 posts, read 648,924 times

Advertisements

What are some of your favorite restaurants in Northern NJ?

Here are some of my favorites:

Stamna Greek Tavern Bloomfield, NJ - love the fish here served here. moderately priced. the hummus mixed plate is great and the lemon potatoes are delicious. they also sell whole uncooked fish if you want to bring one home to cook.

Cubanu Rahway NJ - Not sure if this counts as north NJ but has good cuban food that is reasonably priced. Also they have gift certificates on restaurant.com. They have a nice bar and have dancing on certain nights of the week.

Orange Squirre Bloomfield NJ - New American/Italian. This place is fairly expensive but is very good. Best lamb chops I have ever had.

Penang East Hanover NJ - Malaysian. Low priced excellent food. They have a sister chain in Little Italy NYC that is a notch above, obviously considering the location. I recommend the curried fish (whole red snapper served smothered in a delicious curry sauce)

Nauna's Bella Casa Montclair, NJ - Italian. Low priced italian. Everything i've eaten here has been from above average to excellent. Great for the price.

Low price options:

State Street Grill Bloomfield NJ - this diner was recently remodeled and is one of my favorite diners in NJ, if not my favorite. Try their sweet potato fries. Also they have rooftop dining!

McWhorter Street Barbeque Newark, NJ - My absolute favorite place to go when I am low on cash and need a big filling meal. They have a huge bbq rack grilling right in front while you eat that fills the room with that nice bbq smell. You will wait max 5 minutes for your food. 1/2 Chicken or 5 Ribs plus 2 sides for $5 cannot be beat. Huge plates for low cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 09:58 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
-Sol-Mar Restaurant in Newark
-Brooklyn's Brick Oven Pizza in Hackensack
-Mt. Fuji in Hasbrouck Heights
-Bloomfield Steak and Seafood
-Gelone Italian Restaurant in Lyndhurst

Old 04-14-2010, 10:49 PM

196 posts, read 648,924 times
Going to have to try that pizza joint in HH, i love brick oven pizza

Anyone know of a good Thai place specifically with good curry?

Old 04-15-2010, 04:39 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,956,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus030 View Post

There's a Thai Place in The Shops at Riverside over in Hackensack that I've heard is pretty good.

I'll throw my 2 cents in here for a Sushi place...Nizi's in (East?) Rutherford...my fiancee were looking around for a good sushi place when I was in Lyndhurst and we googled around and this place had glowing reviews from random reviewers on google. So we went and now its our favorite spot.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:03 AM

1,173 posts, read 4,751,477 times
Cuban Petes in Monclair--good food, friendly service and great atmosphere. Very good for B-day dinners

Sabor Peru in Rutherford--Great food very cute decor. The owners will treat you like family, went for lunch once for a coworkers b-day. They overheard us say why were there and didn't even need to be prompted to bring out a dessert and sing, they also broke out free shots of tequila Now they deliver to me all the way in North Bergen!! now that's good service. And the food? YUM

Bonefish--yea i know it's a chain, but I LOVE it!

Sabor Latino in edgewater/north bergen--Again great food and fabulous service. They always have a different kind of bean dip to go with the bread that I inevitably try to copy at my next party.

Marrakesh in Parsippany---Love it, great middle eastern food, you sit on couches with lush pillows and there is a belly dancer going around the restaurant all thru dinner, it turns into a big party with the girl asking multiple people join her in dancing, sometime the whole restaurant gets up to follw her arround the room. Love it. The best way to go is the pre fixe menus you can chose between 6 and 8 course meals. very good place for a large group.

There's a lot of restaurants I love in Montclair that i just don't know the name of, when DH and I lived in Lydhurst if we wanted to go out to eat but weren't sure what we wanted we'd always head to Montclair and try something. There's a very good turkish restaurant almost at the end of the strip close to Whole foods. Now that we've moved we're slowy working our way thru the restaurants in Ridgewood. Great thai place next to the train station.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:28 AM

747 posts, read 2,758,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus030 View Post

I haven't tried their curry yet, but Sree (Sri?) in Hoboken has good Thai food

Old 04-15-2010, 10:42 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,560,012 times
Iberia Restaurant, Ferry St. Newark
Iberia Restaurants

Santa Barbara Restaurant, Mount Prospect Ave. Newark
Santa Barbara Restaurant - Newark, NJ

Old 04-15-2010, 03:55 PM

398 posts, read 1,292,351 times
Yes, DailyJournalist, Iberia is fantastic and don't forget Forno's, also on Ferry Street!

Old 04-15-2010, 08:51 PM

195 posts, read 396,060 times
Hobby's Deli Newark , 27 mix, Newark Vivo, Newark Tops Diner, East Newark

Old 04-15-2010, 09:00 PM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Restaurant Serenade - Chatham
Scalini Fedeli - Chatham
Zen Sushi - Livingston
Sushi Lounge - Hoboken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey