Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 05:04 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
Strange, I can't find either Cam Henderson or Casey Girardi in the NJ Salaries database, so there is no way to confirm they fall under the Governer's personal staff. Since they tried to say the Lt Governer was, and is not, I will assume the same with these too was well.

This is copy and pasted from one of my earlier posts. I agree its not the end of the world, but I don't see it as meaningless.

" He is not leading by example, and asked for everyone else to make a cut. Why can't his staff.

However small you make think this is, it irrates people like me, who didn't have a problem with Christie or his cuts. I wanted to teachers to take a pay freeze and contribute to health care, but I expect Chrsities staff to do the same. If we all are going to suffer, good. If only some of us are going to suffer but not his own people, no way."

Look the $11 billion is going to be made up by cutting funding to the West Milford watershed and thousands of projects like it. These distractions are simply not going to save you. 3 years from now we will be talking about how Christie is going to steamroll the competition because of his fiscal intiatives. The entrenched guardians of the status quo will be defeated by him.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:05 PM

631 posts, read 720,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
So sad I have pointed out repeatedly that the increase in average salary isn't proof of raises. Could be new people you need to read my man.

You guys can continue to get caught up in minutia but the cuts will keep on rolling and we will acheive fiscal sanity.

Sorry you fail....again.

So if all the teacher's salaries in the state of nj went from 71,000 a year to 75,000, would it not be a raise?

I bet if it was the teachers you'd have a fit right now.

I know its hard to understand, since you are so dense.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:06 PM

607 posts, read 958,346 times
Quote:
Strange, I can't find either Cam Henderson or Casey Girardi in the NJ Salaries database, so there is no way to confirm they fall under the Governer's personal staff. Since they tried to say the Lt Governer was, and is not, I will assume the same with these too was well.
Henderson is on the list you posted earlier of the $100K+ earners in the Christie Administration.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ07035 View Post
Henderson is on the list you posted earlier of the $100K+ earners in the Christie Administration.

You're right, I missed it the first time around.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
So if all the teacher's salaries in the state of nj went from 71,000 a year to 75,000, would it not be a raise?

I bet if it was the teachers you'd have a fit right now.

I know its hard to understand, since you are so dense.
Let me help you out here, I'll type slowly. You are appointed President of you company (unlikley but humor me). You decide to fire Mike and bring in Sally, Sally makes $10 more. Did Mike get a raise?

Also if the salaries of the staff remain flat (which it appears they have when you account for Christies salary and other new salalries) it doesn't matter if individuals got raises. I know it's a tough concept.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Let me help you out here, I'll type slowly. You are appointed President of you company (unlikley but humor me). You decide to fire Mike and brings in Sally, Sally makes $10 more. Did Mike get a raise?
See it's easy to see when you are backed into a corner. You start with insults.

So, Sally doing the same job for 10 dollars more an hour? Yup

Did I make a smart move as president of a company? Nope.

You're angle is to say its not a "raise". It's silly and kinda childish. The average salary went up under Christie, even if you take out the 3 salaries in question. Its hypocritical.

Last edited by mikeym81; 05-17-2010 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: .

Old 05-17-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
See it's easy to see when you are backed into a corner. You start with insults.

You're angle is to say its not a "raise". It's silly and kinda childish. Just admit it. The average salary went up under Christie, and it's hypocritical.

Yes I see what you mean about insults. LOL

Another epic fail.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Yes I see what you mean about insults. LOL

Another epic fail.

You're angle is to say its not a "raise". It's silly and kinda childish. Just admit it. The average salary went up under Christie, and it's hypocritical.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:

There will be thousands of West Milford watersheds and this trivia is a triffling. We will get fiscal sanity.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
There will be thousands of West Milford watersheds and this trivia is a triffling. We will get fiscal sanity.

So I guess you're out of steam, down to nothing but insults. Thanks for the laugh this afternoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey