Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 12:38 PM

13 posts, read 22,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyi View Post
Trust me...You don't want to be associated with living in Keansburg. I wouldn't be saying it if it weren't true. It's known all around to be bad. It's the cheapest around for a reason. Save a little more and head to Hazlet, Port Monmouth, even Union Beach is a step up. My opinion is to STAY AWAY from Keansburg.
do you live in keansburg, if not then you wouldnt know the reasons why not to move to keansburg. if so, i can respect your opinion because i live in keansburg myself theyre are pros and cons to live here, but you have to LIVE in this town to know them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 12:58 PM

13 posts, read 22,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiddletown View Post
in all areas there will be bad and good. I live in north middletown which is also considered east keansburg. I have wonderful neighbors and we watch out for each other. Keansburg has changed a lot for the better. Unfortunately, new people will move and do not enjoy the beauty and quaint living. People must learn to enjoy living in a good town and remaining it that way so all could enjoy. So don't think twice. It's not that bad.
well written

Old 06-05-2013, 08:42 AM

124 posts, read 342,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass Da General View Post
your lame for that response, EVERYTOWN has those things scholar. being from asbury park, KEANSBURG IS A HELLUVA LOT SAFER TOWN. its jus the all of the white ppl who are either trash or think that they are better than make the place undesirable. and its true, 70% of keansburg i would say are rascist or some type of biggot, ma neighbor across from me, she thinks im on section 8 because im black its damn sad, but hey thats every where too right?

This response just proves my point. You do NOT have to live in Keansburg to know that it's best to stay OUT. I would never consider it.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:52 PM

256 posts, read 573,117 times
The Bayshore is improving but that whole swath of towns and area of Middletown along Route 36 is definitely considered more low-brow than the places south, with Keansburg being the poster child.

There is little comparison between that area and the southern parts of Middletown, Holmdel, etc...the other areas are more middle class but Keansburg has a negative rap.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:56 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
the tow truck driver that took my car back from staten island was from "the burg." he wasnt exactly the most sophisticated gentleman around but he kept my ride back interesting.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:18 PM

386 posts, read 872,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the tow truck driver that took my car back from staten island was from "the burg." he wasnt exactly the most sophisticated gentleman around but he kept my ride back interesting.
"trash" of all races make the best company in some situations (mostly in Captian's situation and watching sports).

Old 06-05-2013, 08:37 PM

989 posts, read 1,877,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoelsebutcharles View Post
There's Keansburg which is to be avoided. Then there is West Keansburg, which is part of Hazlet, then there is also East Keansburg which is part of Middletown. Don't know much about Middletown or Hazlet but that entire area looks pretty dumpy, IMO. Most of the white trash in NJ is in that area.

I bet most people who use the term "white trash" probably get angry at others who use the "N" word.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:21 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevquinn View Post
This person has made a comment though they obviously know nothing about the area. Apparently, it was just an opportunity for them to use the low-brow term "white trash". Anyone who doesn't know anything about Middletown or Hazlet does not know the area and is not qualified to comment.
agreed.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:27 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
I bet most people who use the term "white trash" probably get angry at others who use the "N" word.
well of course, its ok to use racist terminology as long as its directed at white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey