Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 01:28 AM

1,302 posts, read 4,573,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newarkboy View Post
There is just one on Ferry st I have walked up and down Ferry st a thousand times ! Please stop painting the wrong picture about Ferry st,the pictures Nexis put up show Ferry st for the most part.

Are you referring to me? I'm not painting a picture of anything. I said I like the Ironbound, I think it is generally nice, but there is a good amount of go go's. It's no big deal, you acted like I said there were crack houses or prostitution rings or something. Sheesh, relax. Plus I said they are NOT all on Ferry st. most are on side streets. They look like regular bars, but are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 03:52 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,845,984 times
I walked in giant loops , hench why i dipped in and out of Journal SQ. The City seems to be neglecting the sidewalks and pavement up here , more then in Downtown. Also its a bit empty.

Journal SQ

Little India

Journal SQ

Five Corners

Journal SQ

PATH Journal SQ Station

Next Stop > Exchange Place , Broadway Section of Bayonne , Newport section of Jersey City , Hoboken , Union City / North Bergen

Old 06-02-2010, 09:56 AM

Skips Exchange Place , moves to Bayonne

Broadway in Bayonne

32nd Street

Avenue E

34th Street Station

Next Stop : Newport / Jersey City & Hoboken

Old 06-02-2010, 10:04 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,681,591 times
i got tears in my eyes looking at the bayonne and JC pixs....makes me nostalgic for my "urban life" back in the day. too bad you didn't get to downtown bayonne, that's the real gem IMHO.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:13 AM

470 posts, read 1,155,211 times
I lived in Elizabeth and worked nearby,so I have been all of thise areas that you took pictures of.
Kearney and North Arlington are also not too bad.

Overcrowded,expensive and too small,like most other areas in New Jersey,but not that bad.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:24 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,791,845 times
Wow, these pictures just ported back into a time warp. I was working in all of those neighborhoods, daily, in the late 1980s and throughout the 1990s. They bring back some great memories, and some not so great. But all in all, those pictures are what I remember about existing in New Jersey, during my younger adult period. The areas I lived in I don't associate with as much as the ones where I worked, which encompasses the pictures in these photos. This is incredibly well done Nexis, thanks.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i got tears in my eyes looking at the bayonne and JC pixs....makes me nostalgic for my "urban life" back in the day. too bad you didn't get to downtown bayonne, that's the real gem IMHO.
Where is Downtown Bayonne exactly? Is it at 8th Street?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus View Post
I lived in Elizabeth and worked nearby,so I have been all of thise areas that you took pictures of.
Kearney and North Arlington are also not too bad.

Overcrowded,expensive and too small,like most other areas in New Jersey,but not that bad.
I will do Elizabeth by Sunday. New Jersey's Urban areas are trying reinvent themselves as less congested and more Green form what ive seen so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Wow, these pictures just ported back into a time warp. I was working in all of those neighborhoods, daily, in the late 1980s and throughout the 1990s. They bring back some great memories, and some not so great. But all in all, those pictures are what I remember about existing in New Jersey, during my younger adult period. The areas I lived in I don't associate with as much as the ones where I worked, which encompasses the pictures in these photos. This is incredibly well done Nexis, thanks.
Your Welcome

Some Light Rail view movies as i call them.

Hudson Bergen Light Rail : Essex Street - Liberty state Park

YouTube - Hudson Bergen Light Rail : Essex Street - Liberty state Park

Hudson Bergen Light Rail : 34th Street - Danforth Avenue

YouTube - Hudson Bergen Light Rail : 34th Street - Danforth Avenue

Now for some Newport Section of Jersey City , which would probably win "The most emptiest Neighborhood in an Urban area" award. Not many ppl out , it was a hot but cool breeze day. Compared to other parts of the NJ Gold Coast it was empty. Also feels like a wannabe Manhattan.

Next Stop > Hoboken , Union City

Old 06-02-2010, 07:12 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,845 times
Where are the Hoboken pics!! Very nice so far.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:14 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,681,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Where is Downtown Bayonne exactly? Is it at 8th Street?
Kind of like "where does North Jersey end and South Jersey begin?", you'll get a bunch of different answers. But generally, IMHO, it's the area south of the underpasses, which is 1st - 7th streets. 8-15th can be considered "downtown" I guess but the best parts are 1st-7th. Great pix btw, really enjoying them!

Old 06-02-2010, 08:30 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,892,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF100 View Post
Bayonne looks like a nice little city but living here is a whole different ballgame as I have unfortunately found out in the last 8-9 months. I wish I was wrong, I really, really wish I was wrong.
Those photos in the post you're referencing weren't taken in Bayonne.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey