Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the right choice for New Mexico in 2010!
Susana Martinez - Republican 64 62.14%
Diane D. Denish - Democrat 39 37.86%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 09:02 AM

25,845 posts, read 20,783,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Wow... Denish' platform is better... haha thats the biggest joke I have seen on city-data.com in my 3 years of being a member.

I'm a dem, smart enough to make the choices I make. Thats why i'm voting for susana, cause I want BOLD CHANGE. People are tired of the same old crappy politics here.
Why do you feel the need to disparage the opinions of other posters? How about presenting some actual reasoning for your opinions rather than just being 'snarky.'
Though, I do have to say, based on your posting history, your credibility leaves quite a lot to be desired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you remind of another guy who is on the Ca and Political threads all the time, if I didn't know better I would swear you are the same because you are both young and think you know everything. I am amazed that now you say, you didn't really campaign but you talked several of your family members into voting for Madrid. I am amazed family members would listen to a 14 year old and decide how to vote based on what he said???

You think paying a small fine of $500 or even $1500 would be enough? give me a break, even those who have tried to introduce an amnesty bill are saying a fine of thousands of dollars.

Yes, Republicans have offered a lot, did you read what McCain wanted? Do you realize Reagan signed a bill in the late 1980s? In fact that is part of the reason we are in this mess..

You are saying many are voting for Martinez because of Denish's connection with Richardson. I guess I missed that part of this discussion. Didn't you also tell us many don't like Martinez because she is to the right of Weh?

It really appears you don't know much about her or about anything except you know you are a die in the wool lib and will vote that way regardless. This isn't too bright, but is the American way. It would help if you would just admit it though.

Nita
That is pretty much common knowledge among New Mexico voters. I certainly think that is a very accurate assessment, and, one that I expect Mrs. Martinez will capitalize on despite LG Denish's attempts to distance herself from Gov. Richardson.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:28 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,214,735 times
The poll looks like it conducted its search exclusively with landlines. That means it's much more likely that old grumpy people were better represented than young hipsters (many of whom don't even have landlines).

'tis true the old grumps turn out more than young hipsters, but this was among proven voters, meaning the coots and codgers were that much more overrepresented in the poll.

Confirming what looks like a dead heat with this bias, I think it's clear Martinez has an uphill battle.

But prognostications of this sort are totally pointless. The market hasn't gotten saturated with irritating TV ads, turning off certain audiences from voting for either, and we haven't had our first debate. When the mud starts flying (oh, there will be more mud, trust me), it will be interesting which candidate it sticks to less. That candidate will be the victor (victrix?).

Old 06-24-2010, 09:45 AM

3,435 posts, read 7,007,536 times
The "hipsters" are behind Martinez... I went to a rally in Espanola and Albuquerque for Susana... All younger people.

And Martinez, looks like she will hold an advantage... Denish has a low approval raiting for her office possition. (suprised)
Susana has more attractive ads according to a segment on MSNBC that rated commercials.

I mean hollycrap! look at this poll on here.... Susana wins our poll, I think. I hope.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:12 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,175,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
The poll looks like it conducted its search exclusively with landlines. That means it's much more likely that old grumpy people were better represented than young hipsters (many of whom don't even have landlines).

'tis true the old grumps turn out more than young hipsters, but this was among proven voters, meaning the coots and codgers were that much more overrepresented in the poll.

Confirming what looks like a dead heat with this bias, I think it's clear Martinez has an uphill battle.

But prognostications of this sort are totally pointless. The market hasn't gotten saturated with irritating TV ads, turning off certain audiences from voting for either, and we haven't had our first debate. When the mud starts flying (oh, there will be more mud, trust me), it will be interesting which candidate it sticks to less. That candidate will be the victor (victrix?).
you mean no one ever takes polls (telephone polls) using cell phone numbers. Boy will my granddaughter be glad to hear that and do you really think most young people have no landlines. Five years from now, you will be right, many still have them.

Who will win, who knows, but your reasoning is probably a little off.

Nita

Old 06-24-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Horrell View Post
Actually Bradly's highly variable persona has been the source of a number of off-board
conversations and laughter.

A 17 year-old pretending to be an adult doesn't concern me anywhere near as much
as a 36 year-old pretending to be a 17 year-old...

The 17 year old you make me out to be.... well, lets see.. I'm a comical person and probably my personality is not as dead and as dry as yours.

Why not have some fun with city-data. Are you always going to be the one who is the greasy frog and ruin everything.

Thats good for you, that you can run the mouth off the board. Unless we have a "real" converstaion in person, I guess you will really never know huh? Until then who really cares. Where does talking about people get you in life?

Old 06-24-2010, 10:30 AM

5,074 posts, read 7,499,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Latest poll: race remains a statistical tie.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/doc...r%20062310.pdf

What's interesting to me is that the poll over-represented registered Democrats, and white, non-Hispanics ( 53% and 60% of those polled, respectively).
This poll was conducted by Magellan Strategies, a partisan research group. From the Magellan website:

"The Magellan team is a deep and experienced group of individuals with career backgrounds working for the Republican National Committee, political campaigns, state parties, survey research firms, government affairs firms, and conservative grassroots organizations. Our principals have managed some of the most challenging data and technology projects for the Republican Party and conservative movement in the past 18 years."

Old 06-24-2010, 10:38 AM

It looks good... of course I have seen better polls... but it will do.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:44 AM

741 posts, read 2,927,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Why do you feel the need to disparage the opinions of other posters? How about presenting some actual reasoning for your opinions rather than just being 'snarky.'
You must be new here. Otherwise you would know better than to feed the troll.

Chap

Old 06-24-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
The 17 year old you make me out to be.... well, lets see.. I'm a comical person and probably my personality is not as dead and as dry as yours.

Why not have some fun with city-data. Are you always going to be the one who is the greasy frog and ruin everything.

Thats good for you, that you can run the mouth off the board. Unless we have a "real" converstaion in person, I guess you will really never know huh? Until then who really cares. Where does talking about people get you in life?
Well, let's see if I can present this in a way that is somewhat clear: you've (not Mike, you) identified yourself as a teenager, a 30-something, a gay Democrat and as someone with a son in an elite private school in Las Vegas, in addition to some other personae.
Now, granted, some of these are not mutually exclusive, however, if you want to present your self-identification as a means of validating your choice in candidates, etc., it would probably be wise to decide just who exactly you are.

I'm certainly not saying don't have fun. The point I'm trying to make is that if you want to be taken seriously, in other words, if you want people to believe that you have some sort of inside track into which candidate best represents the concerns of gay Democrats, probably a good idea to present yourself in such a way that we are actually convinced that is what you are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico