Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the right choice for New Mexico in 2010!
Susana Martinez - Republican 64 62.14%
Diane D. Denish - Democrat 39 37.86%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 10:26 PM

26,527 posts, read 52,017,591 times

Advertisements

This thread is now open.

I am not done with a Mass Edit, Be nice, Stop bickering, Stay on topic, etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 07:55 AM

3,435 posts, read 7,012,965 times
Nice.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:17 AM

5,102 posts, read 7,526,673 times
Martinez sure knows how to pick 'em. The person she recently hired as a spokesperson for her campaign was arrested yesterday in Albuquerque for aggravated drunken driving:

Martinez spokesman arrested on DWI charge

This is not the woman I want running state government.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:33 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
Martinez sure knows how to pick 'em. The person she recently hired as a spokesperson for her campaign was arrested yesterday in Albuquerque for aggravated drunken driving:

And no other elected official has ever hired someone who later was arrested for DUI?

Did you read, it was his first violation and he was fired immediately?

I am not defending DUIs by anymeans, but if everyone who hired someone who eventually got arrested for being under the influence, especially in NM were to be chastised like you just did, every company would fall into your idea of the person who isn't fit to run anything.

I will add, there are very few families, anywhere, unless they are very religiously conservative who have not had a single member of their family arrested for DUI.

Nita

Old 07-12-2010, 01:33 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,746,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
And no other elected official has ever hired someone who later was arrested for DUI?

Did you read, it was his first violation and he was fired immediately?

I am not defending DUIs by anymeans, but if everyone who hired someone who eventually got arrested for being under the influence, especially in NM were to be chastised like you just did, every company would fall into your idea of the person who isn't fit to run anything.

I will add, there are very few families, anywhere, unless they are very religiously conservative who have not had a single member of their family arrested for DUI.

Nita
You must either have statistics to back that up, run with a very fast crowd, or be an appologist for DUI offenders. I can think of only one person I know, or family members of anyone I know who has had a DUI . . . and I wouldn't consider my family and associates as a bunch of choir boys.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:55 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,069,220 times
Quote:

whats a matter, he's just joining the crowd, what about Gov. Richardsons boy who did the DUI hit and run in Santa Fe, or the ABQ DWI attorney, or the numerous policeman and firefighters who keep gettting caught, or that one judge, this could go on and on and on.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:26 PM

3,435 posts, read 7,012,965 times
Quote:

Oh really, look at the Richardson administration... how many DUI's have we seen?

You act like if Susana was the one who was drinking. Honestly, snap out of it.. it was a campaign worker from out of state.
We all learn from our mistakes.

Go Susana!!

Old 07-12-2010, 06:56 PM

888 posts, read 1,190,732 times
New Mexico should have the bar fly, as it's official state insect.
It would be wise of both candidates, to investigate the backgrounds of their campaign staff, to avoid future incidents?

Steve

Old 07-12-2010, 08:16 PM

5,102 posts, read 7,526,673 times
Yes, lots of folks have a drinking and driving problem, that's nothing new, I just find it ironic and embarrassing for Martinez, who's touting her "tough-on-DWI" background, that she hires this guy who earns himself a DWI during his first week on the job. Was there something about the job or his new boss that drove him to the drink?

By the way... Way to go, APD!!!!

Old 07-12-2010, 08:20 PM

888 posts, read 1,190,732 times
Truthfully?
Stuff happens, and I do NOT blame Martinez for the problem.
However, any more "incidents" from her campaign staff, and people will start to wonder.....does the ship have a Captain?

Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico