Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the right choice for New Mexico in 2010!
Susana Martinez - Republican 64 62.14%
Diane D. Denish - Democrat 39 37.86%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:52 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
Did you see her flip out on the news and call Denish a liar because she got caught flip-flopping on school vouchers? Up until the last few weeks I at least had respect for Martinez as a candidate and politician. I don't want a governor that throws hissy fits whenever she is found to be in the wrong. She should just articulate why her opinion has changed or at least be honest about her position, not attacking Denish for pointing out about Martinez has changed sides on this particular issue. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. It concerns me that Martinez may become governor when she is out getting angry like that. I hope Denish uses these stories to full use. I know i've already been circulating the videos of Martinez to friends and family... This should at the very least make the campaign entertaining for me hahaha. Anyhow, flip flop after flip flop and now this hypocrisy about corruption, may not work out for Martinez. Her camp better respond in some way to minimize the punch she's receiving... Politics is a blood sport hahaha I NEVER would want to be in a candidates position.
She's had a pretty easy time - basically getting a 'pass' from the press - despite some really nasty behavior during the recent primaries and past local elections in LC.
Looks like those Journal articles and scrutiny from her opponent are starting to push some buttons. Did she really think that no one was going to notice and/or call her on this sort of stuff?

ICYMI: Two Editorials (ABQ Journal & Roswell Record) on Martinez 'Sweetheart Deals' | Democratic Party of New Mexico (DPNM)

Interesting analysis on Joe Monahan's 'New Mexico Politics' blog from Monday, the 16th. It would appear that Mrs. Martinez is quietly moving to the center on several issues - no public school budget cuts, no cuts in Medicaid, no school vouchers (this week anyway)...

And course, Lt. Gov. Denish wasted no time capitalizing on the 'flip-flop'
I wonder, did Mrs. Martinez call her running-mate a liar too?

Diane Denish - News - Press Releases | Martinez Can Flip-Flop on Vouchers, But Can’t Run from the Video Footage (http://www.dianedenish.com/news/press_releases?id=0057 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 09:30 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
She's had a pretty easy time - basically getting a 'pass' from the press - despite some really nasty behavior during the recent primaries and past local elections in LC.
Looks like those Journal articles and scrutiny from her opponent are starting to push some buttons. Did she really think that no one was going to notice and/or call her on this sort of stuff?

ICYMI: Two Editorials (ABQ Journal & Roswell Record) on Martinez 'Sweetheart Deals' | Democratic Party of New Mexico (DPNM)

Interesting analysis on Joe Monahan's 'New Mexico Politics' blog from Monday, the 16th. It would appear that Mrs. Martinez is quietly moving to the center on several issues - no public school budget cuts, no cuts in Medicaid, no school vouchers (this week anyway)...

And course, Lt. Gov. Denish wasted no time capitalizing on the 'flip-flop'
I wonder, did Mrs. Martinez call her running-mate a liar too?

Diane Denish - News - Press Releases | Martinez Can Flip-Flop on Vouchers, But Can’t Run from the Video Footage (http://www.dianedenish.com/news/press_releases?id=0057 - broken link)
As a fiscal conservative, it is becoming more difficult for me to support Ms. Martinez after reading some of these stories.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
As a fiscal conservative, it is becoming more difficult for me to support Ms. Martinez after reading some of these stories.
I wasn't planning on voting for her, however, I am disappointed by this recent turn of events. Why does it always have to be politics as usual?

Anyway, on the sunny side for Lt. Gov. Denish:

Eight Northern Pueblos Council Endorses Denish-Colón Ticket | Democratic Party of New Mexico (DPNM)

Old 08-20-2010, 09:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
so you will support Denish instead, is that what you are saying? Sometimes we can't get exactly what we want or thought we were getting, but the alternative is worse.

NIta

Old 08-20-2010, 10:23 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,179,827 times
You know that debate that went on last night?

You know.. the one that no news networks, from GOVT to local access, to KNME, the big 4, to the other local stations, covered live? I think it was Channel 13 that gave like a 30 second live feed of it like it was a football game they didn't have rights to, or it was blacked out to get people to buy tickets..

Was it hiding on some obscure HD channel like 175-218 or something?

Old 08-20-2010, 10:40 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,448,940 times
I heard part of it on the radio...I was just flipping through stations so not sure which AM station it was.

I believe a webcast was available.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:22 PM

She said that during the debate?

Old 08-20-2010, 01:38 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,984,720 times
Denish was horrible during the debate. Unbelieveable, went in there with nothing better to say... but she was also the first to throw the first LOW BLOW.

I though Susana was going to make the first move, I was wrong.
I was in the audience, nice set up.

For those who missed it ....

WATCH THE DEBATE HERE!!! >>>> New Mexico inFocus <<<<

Old 08-20-2010, 02:05 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
I wouldn't go as far as to use a juvenile barb like 'dumbish', but I think Diane Denish is dumb for making that statement.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:20 PM

I'll ask again...when did she say this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico