Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 09:13 PM

Location: In my cat's house, until she finds a better human servant
372 posts, read 392,719 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I've been enjoying reading through the posts here and thought it was about time I became a member

My husband and I are moving to the ABQ area in Oct, and I can't wait.
I love the desert. This will make state #5 on my list of where I've lived (MI, CA, TX, KY, and now NM), and I am really looking forward to leaving KY, the people here are very friendly but the climate doesn't agree with me so much.

I've missed the desert since leaving Victorville, CA several years ago and have been longing to return. Yay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 09:49 PM

3 posts, read 5,634 times
Good luck with your move!!! I also love the desert and am considering a move to my favorite biome.
Not sure yet whether NM will be my ultimate destination.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:23 AM

1,182 posts, read 2,490,334 times
Welcome. We moved from KY as well, about 8 months ago, and love it here.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:52 AM

Thank you!

Old 08-24-2010, 12:44 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,259,672 times
Cat5e: I envy you! I've been looking at moving to Socorro, since it's only a little over an hour from ABQ but is a small college town and away from all the big city lights. I haven't decided definitely on moving there, but it'll be either NM or the Alpine-Marfa-Fort Davis area of TX, which is like Baja NM. In he meantime, I get out there every chance I get!

Old 08-25-2010, 08:22 AM

888 posts, read 1,189,975 times
Welcome to New Mexico!
I only moved out here to Santa Fe, 4 months ago from Maryland myself.
I have also lived in.....................................
New York (Albany)
New Jersey (Long Branch)
Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh & Plymouth-Meeting)
California (San Jose, Sacramento, & San Bernardino)

You will like it out here.....a LOT!

Steve

Old 08-25-2010, 10:36 AM

9,392 posts, read 20,894,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
Welcome to New Mexico!
I only moved out here to Santa Fe, 4 months ago from Maryland myself.
I have also lived in.....................................
New York (Albany)
New Jersey (Long Branch)
Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh & Plymouth-Meeting)
California (San Jose, Sacramento, & San Bernardino)

You will like it out here.....a LOT!

Steve
I am going to miss it, that's for sure. I am already strategizing on how I can make it back here in a few years. I've been the NY and Philly areas, and the folks there are already talking about tarping up their pools and the first cool blast of air. That's a big negative for me. The other one is the traffic congestion, or the lack of it. I have taken all of these positive qualities for granted.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:13 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,416,721 times
Welcome! I moved here from SoCal three years ago and have never looked back. The people, the natural beauty (I live in the mountains), the lifestyle, the food, all feel like home to me.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:52 PM

Thanks everyone, we're really looking forward to the move. We've driven through ABQ before, stayed overnight in Moriarty once and everyone was really friendly. I've been wanting to move back to the SW for some time, and am very happy we'll be back in desert again. Our employment has chosen the location, but judging from past trips and info/pix here on CD and from our employer, I think we're going to be very happy with the move.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:27 PM

888 posts, read 1,189,975 times
I think my two Shetland Sheepdogs, are suffering more from "culture shock" than I am?
They grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains, so the high desert is pretty foreign to them.
We have a lot of coyotes around, and the Shelties just go nuts over the howling at sunset!
I'm not far from the Pecos Wilderness area, so when me and the pooches want green trees and water....off we go!
Still, for me and the Missus, it's been soooo nice so far to be here in New Mexico!

Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico