Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 12:04 PM

529 posts, read 1,325,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawmanRiley View Post
Good! I'm an avid fisherman up here. Glad I don't have to say goodbye to it. I will probably leave my boat back up in MN though, from what I understand is they are kind of stingy about letting people boat on the river/lakes/etc.?
Naw, bring the boat, there's lots of big reseviors to launch it in. Small ones too. The only stingy places where you might not be able to launch are on tribal lands and they aren't many or any near Roswell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 04:27 PM

9 posts, read 24,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziasforever View Post
Naw, bring the boat, there's lots of big reseviors to launch it in. Small ones too. The only stingy places where you might not be able to launch are on tribal lands and they aren't many or any near Roswell.
Good!!! That makes me EXTREMELY happy! I just gotta get a hitch lock so it doesn't get stolen, I suppose.

Thanks a ton everyone!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:41 PM

149 posts, read 357,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawmanRiley View Post
Good!!! That makes me EXTREMELY happy! I just gotta get a hitch lock so it doesn't get stolen, I suppose.

Thanks a ton everyone!
There's lots of good places to fish here in Texas that aren't too far from Roswell too!

Old 11-02-2010, 09:10 PM

182 posts, read 707,867 times
LawmanRiley,

Whenever I used to go to Roswell -- usually during their annual UFO Festival -- I always had to be super vigilant in order to better avoid being abducted by aliens.

Be careful out there, especially when on those back roads late at night in the desert...
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2010, 09:43 AM

9 posts, read 24,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
LawmanRiley,

Whenever I used to go to Roswell -- usually during their annual UFO Festival -- I always had to be super vigilant in order to better avoid being abducted by aliens.

Be careful out there, especially when on those back roads late at night in the desert...
Hahaha I love it!

I'm thoroughly excited to experience New Mexico. Are there good mountain biking trails down there? I know people can hike everywhere, but I haven't been able to mountain bike since I left California!

Old 11-03-2010, 06:28 PM

182 posts, read 707,867 times
I don't know Roswell that well as I usually pass through, and when I DO stay there visiting, I'm in the center of town so I can't say where trails are on the outskirts of Roswell...you'll have to wait for a local to come by here and answer that one. There are no "mountains" there, just lots of rolling hills, sagebrush, mesquite, arroyos, mesas and such...typical NM/West Texas geography.

I CAN say there is PLENTY of desert/wilderness area in NM -- it's a big, sparsely-populated and wide-open-space state -- but that's kind of deceptive in a way because a lot of "deserted" land is occupied by cattle ranches with barbed wire fencing, gates and posted (no tresspassing)...even though you see no houses/people anywhere -- just meandering dirt/gravel roads going way out there for miles -- all the way to the horizon. So I can't say where public access lands/trails would be. I know of some biking/hiking trails in Albuquerque, but that's nowhere near Roswell.

Last edited by cloudcroft; 11-03-2010 at 06:37 PM..

Old 09-22-2011, 03:07 AM

4 posts, read 15,695 times
Crime and its prevention are not a priority of the City Council. They want folks to retire here, but treat our law enforcement like dirt. For a policeman, the pay is low and the risk is high. The city has even defied court orders to pay the officers more. We have a huge gang problem for our population density. Personally, I feel the cops do a very good job with what they've got, but they should have so much more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico