Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 09:44 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,883,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
One might argue that we all inhabit this planet and borders were established for various reasons. Ours protect our national wealth from those who would like to share it. We consume a disproportionate share of the earth's natural resources because we have the wealth and power to do so. We also have the power to protect our wealth. We have laws that further protect our wealth. It's all perfectly legal in the US, it's just not exactly taking a world view on humanity.
I personally believe (this is my opinion based on some observations, not on gathering and analysis of data) that we prefer Mexico as a cheap source of natural resources (including labor) rather than a developed industrial economy competing with our own. Our government props them up only enough to maintain some form of political stability.
it's just not exactly taking a world view on humanity.

Do you have ANY idea of how much foreign aid that the US doles out every year to the rest of the world? It makes me sick to think of how much we throw away every year to ungrateful nations who just keep b******* because we don't dole out yet more.

In every natural disaster in any given country, they come whining to the good old United States of AMERICA for help in manpower and financial resources.

The rest of the world generally hates us because we are a world power and a wealthy nation. We may consume a disproportionate share of the world's resources....but we also BUY them. We PAY for them.

As for Mexico? As Mortimer mentioned, they have some of the most restrictive immigration laws on the books--yet they want US to open OUR borders to them. They are so corrupt and hypocritical that I just want to throw up.

We are a SOVEREIGN nation that has every right in the world to protect our wealth and our borders. Mexico's illegals bleed us dry. There is free public education for their bazillion kids all over the United States, free breakfast/lunches in those public schools, incarcerations of illegal aliens in prisons all over the country (and don't forget their crimes, gangs, et al), massive use of ERs for medical care which goes largely unpaid by the users....and don't forget the anchor babies....illegals come across the border, and make sure that their bottom half is over the border when they pop out their ticket to US wealth.

One Mexican illegal idiot even had her baby on one of the international bridges in El Paso as she was attempting to cross. No, I can't find the article online.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,732,470 times
This thread has gone completely off topic. We have a separate forum for discussing immigration.
Closed.
Yac.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico