Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 07:26 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,173,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
As long as Bush is president, very, very little will be done about sealing and protecting our borders. He's too afraid of offending Mexico....and has a soft spot for all of those poor people.
I am afraid you are correct, and, that is coming from a Republican------me.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:21 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,897,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellybee View Post
Vote for Bill Richardson and we can get our National Guard back where they belong. And the idea that Bush has a 'soft spot' for all the poor people makes me laugh. Bush doesn't give two cents worth of care about the poor in our country or any other country.
You missed the sarcasm....I should have posted <sarcasm on> <sarcasm off>

Bush LOVES illegals, Mexico and Mexican nationals. He always has. That fact unfortunately makes for very, very poor judgment regarding illegals. His family had a Mexican national maid while he was a child in Midland, TX, and he was very attached to her.....ad nauseam.

The Mexicans who have done the immigration process the right way should be majorly POed at any amnesty for illegals, too.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I am afraid you are correct, and, that is coming from a Republican------me.
The soft spot was meant sarcastically....should have noted that.

I am also a lifelong conservative Republican who has been disgusted with Bush and his stance of do-nothing about illegal immigration.

That is also why all his much ado about terrorism rings very hollow with me, as long as the porous border exists.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellybee View Post
Vote for Bill Richardson and we can get our National Guard back where they belong. And the idea that Bush has a 'soft spot' for all the poor people makes me laugh. Bush doesn't give two cents worth of care about the poor in our country or any other country.
Bush doesn't give two cents worth of care about the poor in our country or any other country.

Very true. What I said was meant sarcastically, and that doesn't always come across in online posts.

As for Richardson, he will say/do anything at this point....he wants to be president. He was addressing some organization comprised of Hispanics/Mexicans/Mexican-Americans....and he told them (paraphrasing).."I am one of you. I am Mexican."

Hmmmm.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:02 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,615,180 times
The big difference between N.M and Arizona is that NM has a lot less jobs. So the jobs go to the Americans.

The work in NM for illegals is migrant work. Meaning when the season is over they move on....to Arizona or the midwest...

The fast food joints in Las Cruces are actually staffed by teenagers and not illegals

Now El Paso has a bigger problem...

Old 10-27-2007, 11:14 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,040,733 times
In eastern NM there are alot of dairies so they find work there all year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico