Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2014, 07:41 AM

10 posts, read 25,623 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I have been looking at quite a bit of rental property in Rio Rancho the past few months, as I am relocating in June. I know we aren't supposed to put property management names in posts (at least I think that is the case after reading something from Poncho_NM that seemed to allude to that fact), however, in my research I see 3-4 main Real Estate agencies that seem to post the rental ads. Does anyone have recent experience in going through one of these companies, with less than perfect credit (too many school loans puts a hit!). I have been renting steadily since 1998, and have never had an issue, so the references in that area will be great, but I am concerned about not being approved because of credit score.

Anyone have experiences they would like to share in this area? And if they have gone through an agency they like, can you message me about it, if we aren't allowed to post publicly?

Thanks much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 08:17 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,811,291 times
We have lived in Rio Rancho since 1998/99. I do not have any recent experience with rental companies. I would start calling and/or emailing them and see what they have to say. That's what my wife did when we moved out here.

This is exactly what the Terms of Service https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html state:

Quote:
Real Estate Agents and other businesses will not advertise their services nor solicit business in their posts. Create a free business profile by going to https://www.city-data.com/profiles/add and fill out your forum profile instead. Do not include links to your websites, MLS listings, etc. in your posts. Do not try to push the envelope by attempting to hide your intentions. Do not solicit business by DMs. Show your knowledge about the area and help people and you will get leads naturally. Real estate agents should join the usergroup for them here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/profi...editusergroups. It will set your user title and add an icon next to your name, so you will get free advertising with your posts.
Quote:
Recommendations are allowed for posters that have at least 10 posts. One cannot recommend himself/herself. The only area where recommendations are not permitted is real estate, however general responses, such as "we have many helpful and knowledgeable real estate agents on this forum - just DM them" are fine.
If you have other questions just ask or you can DM me...

Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico