Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 08:29 AM

1,763 posts, read 5,995,941 times

Advertisements

Pintada, supposedly the name wasn't copyrighted and Fla. swiped it. "No swiping, Swiper." I think NM has copyrighted the new nickname, and frankly, I like it better.

We had a thread about NM plates a while back & I posted a pic of the '32 license plate:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-m...-plates-2.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 08:59 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
I like the "Land of Enchantment" much better, its a PERFECT fit for NM. AZ should be the "sunshine state" anyways.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:36 AM

775 posts, read 2,587,352 times
Default 32 N.M. license Plate

Yes i had a 32 N.M. license plate just like that it was made of Heavier Metal then the later ones and had the number of the County i think Santa Fe was number 1. you could tell where people were from by looking at the first numbers. Anyway i sold the plate and a 5 lb pertrified rock for about 30 bucks. I have all kinds of old N.M. plates its nice to know what color they are. pintada kid at webtv.net

Old 02-22-2017, 08:35 AM

292 posts, read 725,033 times
After living in both New Mexico and Florida for extended periods of time I can definitely say New Mexico has more sunshine; I would call Florida the partly cloudy state most of the year due to its subtropical climate and associated humidity.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:47 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Is "The Evapotranspiration State" taken yet?

If not, let's grab it before Nevada or Arizona can get their paws on it!

Old 02-22-2017, 12:47 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
I like the nickname " Land of Enchantment" much better than "Sunshine State."

Old 02-28-2017, 12:05 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Sunniest Places in United States
by Liz Osborn CurrentResults.com

Yuma, Arizona tops the list of places in United States with the most sun. Generally it's sunny in Yuma for 90% of the time from sunrise to sunset.

In fact, with its typical 4300 sunny hours a year, Yuma achieves the world record for most recorded annual average sunshine.

Besides holding the highest annual total, Yuma gets more sunshine in each month, except for July, August and September, than any other US location.

https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...S/sunniest.php

But New Mexico did get on the list...

City % Sunshine

----------------------------------------
Yuma, Arizona 90
Redding California 88
Phoenix, Arizona 85
Tucson, Arizona 85
Las Vegas, Nevada 85
El Paso, Texas 84
Fresno, California 79
Reno, Nevada 79
Flagstaff, Arizona 78
Sacramento, California 78
Pueblo, Colorado 76
Key West, Florida 76
Albuquerque, New Mexico 76
----------------------------------

Old 05-29-2017, 01:01 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,710,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
But New Mexico did get on the list...

City % Sunshine

----------------------------------------
Yuma, Arizona 90
Redding California 88
Phoenix, Arizona 85
Tucson, Arizona 85
Las Vegas, Nevada 85
El Paso, Texas 84
Fresno, California 79
Reno, Nevada 79
Flagstaff, Arizona 78
Sacramento, California 78
Pueblo, Colorado 76
Key West, Florida 76
Albuquerque, New Mexico 76
----------------------------------
That is an interesting list to me. Having been a resident of Albuquerque but a frequent visitor to El Paso, I am surprised to see El Paso ranked a good 8% ahead of Albuquerque. While El Paso is definitely the warmer climate, the proportion of sunshine "felt" (and feeling is not as accurate as good old statistics) just as sunny as El Paso. In fact, the sunshine feels a little stronger in Albuquerque often due to the higher elevation.

I imagine having a slightly lower percentage in Albuquerque maybe means that the much larger Sandias influence the climate more than the Franklins do in El Paso.

And it is also surprising to me to see Phoenix at 85% and ABQ at 76%, as perhaps it is just again a "feel" thing, but when I have been good time in Phoenix, the air pollution levels (i.e., smog) seemed always to make Albuquerque "feel" sunnier to me. But again, statistics are more accurate than "feel"...so overall, this chart is just interesting to me.

And overall, you couldn't go wrong as a sun worshipper in any of these cities.

Old 06-04-2017, 04:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
great information here: As an X resident of NM, I think the number one thing going for the state is the weather and certainly the sunshine. The number 2 is beauty. That is why the name: Land of Enchantment is a perfect match. We have kid living in Florida, I would take NM for weather any day over anyplace in Florida. In fact I would take NM over Fl any day for a lot of reasons. Florida is a nice state though and can be very pretty, depending on where you are and what time of the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico