Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 09:14 AM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,307,624 times

Advertisements

Love the scenery, history, slow pace, Rio Grande cuisine, the lack of mass transit, no pro-sports, the open space and lack of overcrowding.

Dislike complainers, thieves and the spring dust bowl winds.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:27 PM

702 posts, read 2,724,232 times
I moved to Roswell last month but work throughout the southeast portion of the state. I love the landscapes and the green chile. I hate the fact that the people here aren't very educated. I think I'm an average to good looking guy with a college degree, no kids, etc and I can't find a date here at all. I hate that!

Old 10-31-2012, 10:00 PM

2 posts, read 3,081 times
Default Land of Entrapment

Likes: Any part of the state without humans or their impact on the landscape.

Dislikes...at the risk of writing something the length of a novel...

1. The stupid delusional attitudes that people bring to this place, and their unrealistic view of the State's very serious problems. Consequently, people slip right into the stupidity, indolence and apathy that is "traditional" here. Why do you think we're now the poorest state in the U.S.? Don't believe me? U.S. Poverty: How New Mexico, Poorest State In America, Fights Poverty

2. If you work in the social or environmental fields, this has got to be one of the worst places to be in terms of community support (very few active organizations because nobody really cares - see item 1) and if you're over 50, as others have commented, better have retired early before you came here. The job situation, in general sucks. Better have a Hispano last name and get ready to deal with constant nepotism and corruption.

3. The air quality in the Albuquerque, especially when every idiot with a woodstove gets it cranking or when the monsoons fail and it's bone dry in the summer, is horrible. Yay, the sun's shining every day! It shines almost every day on the planet Mercury, too.

I feel that indolence and apathy kicking in...guess I'll eat some of that wonderful "New Mexico cuisine and get bloated and fart and wait for my arteries to harden enough to need to go wait in line 12 hours at the UNM ER when I get my first coronary...wish I could leave, but I can't. Wife has a job here and 5 years here has me too broke to leave...the Land of Entrapment.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:08 PM

2 posts, read 3,081 times
Looking at the photo...something smells fishy.

Promotional photo from her website: Erika Bonilla | Gallery

Erika Bonilla | Home
Erika Bonilla *NEW MUSIC SOON* | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos[/quote]

Old 11-01-2012, 06:36 AM

581 posts, read 1,172,768 times
Really? Air Quality? ABQ has some of the best air quality in the country.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:48 PM

195 posts, read 421,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatzh View Post

1. The stupid delusional attitudes that people bring to this place, and their unrealistic view of the State's very serious problems. Consequently, people slip right into the stupidity, indolence and apathy that is "traditional" here. Why do you think we're now the poorest state in the U.S.? Don't believe me? U.S. Poverty: How New Mexico, Poorest State In America, Fights Poverty

2. If you work in the social or environmental fields, this has got to be one of the worst places to be in terms of community support (very few active organizations because nobody really cares - see item 1) and if you're over 50, as others have commented, better have retired early before you came here. The job situation, in general sucks. Better have a Hispano last name and get ready to deal with constant nepotism and corruption.

3. The air quality in the Albuquerque, especially when every idiot with a woodstove gets it cranking or when the monsoons fail and it's bone dry in the summer, is horrible. Yay, the sun's shining every day! It shines almost every day on the planet Mercury, too.

I feel that indolence and apathy kicking in...guess I'll eat some of that wonderful "New Mexico cuisine and get bloated and fart and wait for my arteries to harden enough to need to go wait in line 12 hours at the UNM ER when I get my first coronary...wish I could leave, but I can't. Wife has a job here and 5 years here has me too broke to leave...the Land of Entrapment.
You do know there are humans in every state.......right? Maybe its time to move.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:15 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,252,702 times
Quote:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Did we really need to hear your views? I don't think so! Enjoy your stay!!

Old 11-07-2012, 03:55 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,712,828 times
Quote:

Lol Mercury also is closer to the sun, doesn't really have an atmosphere, and temperatures usually go anywhere from -300 F(night) to 800 F(day) but by all means move to Mercury.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:42 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,168,684 times
New Mexico is one of my favorite states in America. I can't find a dislike for it.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:15 PM

1,182 posts, read 2,477,991 times
Quote:
It shines almost every day on the planet Mercury, too.
Hate to lay into someone when they have obviously drawn a bunch of heavy fire, but can't resist.

Nothing almost about it, the sun shines every day on Mercury...unless you live on the dark side. And it sounds like maybe you do.

Suggest you try to find the bright side in whatever comes along. I've found a person's attitude toward whatever happens to them really makes a difference in how you perceive your environment and how people around you preceive you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico