Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 09:13 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,532,462 times

Advertisements

Time to bust out my fiddle for you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 09:28 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,028,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Time to bust out my fiddle for you all.
Steve-O, I just got back from Illinois, and I am so glad to be back. The -19 and all the snow we had(I was west of you) is not for me anymore. Enjoy your winter

Old 02-01-2008, 10:07 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,532,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
Steve-O, I just got back from Illinois, and I am so glad to be back. The -19 and all the snow we had(I was west of you) is not for me anymore. Enjoy your winter
Its been crazy this year, thats for sure.

Enjoy your heat in NM.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:19 AM

9,384 posts, read 20,873,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Its been crazy this year, thats for sure.

Enjoy your heat in NM.
I have to say, we win, you lose. My wife just went back to Pennsylvania last week to visit her sister, came back and said there is no way she could move back, because the weather is so intolerable.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:05 AM

91 posts, read 390,467 times
Sunny Alamogordo does sound awfully good. We may have bragging rights as far as below temperatures. We had 13 days in Jan. 2008 0f sub zero temps. We had -30 deg.
temperatures the last part of Jan. then up to +30 and back down to -13. In 1966 Tower MN, which is in the north, recorded a temp. of -60. I guess looking at that temp.-30
doesn't seem all that bad, but anything below zero is frrrigid. It's the type of bragging rights you really don't want. ElPaso,L.C. looks very good to me. laplander

Old 02-03-2008, 07:50 AM

16 posts, read 58,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laplander View Post
Sunny Alamogordo does sound awfully good. We may have bragging rights as far as below temperatures. We had 13 days in Jan. 2008 0f sub zero temps. We had -30 deg.
temperatures the last part of Jan. then up to +30 and back down to -13. In 1966 Tower MN, which is in the north, recorded a temp. of -60. I guess looking at that temp.-30
doesn't seem all that bad, but anything below zero is frrrigid. It's the type of bragging rights you really don't want. ElPaso,L.C. looks very good to me. laplander
Is this your last winter in the frozen north? We have 2 more till my wife retires then it's off to Alamogordo for the winters anyway.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:02 AM

298 posts, read 1,151,101 times
I don't have anything negative to say about Chicago either. I think it is a great city. I would not do well if I had to face a Chicago winter. I know that the summers are glorious. However, the winters are too long, too frigid, and too gray--for me. I know, "Life isn't all about weather," but it is a huge issue for me. I've chosen ABQ because the weather is great, and I love the city. I've had enough of midwestern winters for a lifetime. Ohio weather in the winter: snow, bitter cold, warm, sleet, slush, mud, rain, gray, windy, humid, ice, muddy ice, muddy slush. Two days ago, it was ice. I should have worn ice skates. Yesterday, it was muddy slush and ice. Today it is gray and mud.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:07 PM

550 posts, read 1,552,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
Chilegal, Please don't tell me that, I got to go to Patoka, IL. For a pipeline job in a few weeks. I guess it will be time to break out the artic carharghts.
Ow well at least we get to go to Timberon for a week before I have to leave. Are you all back there now??

David

Old 02-03-2008, 10:37 PM

91 posts, read 390,467 times
Hi Pup friendly,im retired, but my wife wants to work part time one more year. We have a house to sell, that may be difficult,with the market the way it is. I hoped for one more winter, but we will have to wait and see. We will be in El Paso this summer. laplander

Old 02-04-2008, 07:06 AM

16 posts, read 58,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laplander View Post
Hi Pup friendly,im retired, but my wife wants to work part time one more year. We have a house to sell, that may be difficult,with the market the way it is. I hoped for one more winter, but we will have to wait and see. We will be in El Paso this summer. laplander
I'm in about the same boat as you are Laplander. I am retired but my wife has until 2010 before she can retire. Seems every winter is harder now that we are so close to being able to get out of here. Good luck on selling your house and I hope your trip to El Paso is a good one. Pupfriendly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico