Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:39 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,565,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeweld View Post
Chilegal, Please don't tell me that, I got to go to Patoka, IL. For a pipeline job in a few weeks. I guess it will be time to break out the artic carharghts.
Ow well at least we get to go to Timberon for a week before I have to leave. Are you all back there now??

David
Temps are back to normal, in the upper 30s, low 40s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 12:41 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,744,027 times
Default Somebody pray for me

Here in the Milwaukee, WI area, I am just snowed-out. Plain and simple. The sight of a snowflake at this point has me wanting to cleave my eyes out with a spork.

To-date, having lived in Milwaukee since July, we have received 54 inches of snowfall. Yes, fifty-four. Obviously this didn't start until November (October actually had some fairly mild stretches here for normal temperatures) so for NOV, DEC, JAN and the first three days of FEB, 54 inches.

Now? Here is the kicker:

5-to-9 inches predicted for tomorrow (which, the way the forecasters have been going this year, probably means a foot):

JS Online: NewsWatch (http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=2/4/2008&id=34988 - broken link)

I thought I had moved to Milwaukee, not Buffalo NY! The scary thing? FEB and MAR still can bring plenty o' snow here.

I do not hate snow in itself by any means, but am so tired of 2.5 hours of shoveling before work, icey/slick/slushy streets and driving in poor visibility, leaky roofs, etc.

I was talking to my dad's cousin who lives in Albuquerque and she noted that while DEC and JAN have been colder than usually for an Albuquerque winter (as much of the south has been), ABQ has received only a few inches of snowfall this winter...I don't mind that at all, some bouts of cold, but a dry, sunny non-snowy cold that also is 20s, 30s, and 40s cold, not 10 or less.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:43 PM

I may wish I were back in Albuquerque (or in El Paso) instead of being back here in the homeland of WI, but one aspect of my Wisconsindom that I will never forsake is being a die-hard Packers fan!!

I am just kidding though...I love the Bears - Packers rivalry. It is funny, this year, 2 of the mere 4 Packers' losses were to the Bears who otherwise were down. A few years ago when the Bears were 13-3 and the Packers were down, the Packers got two wins v. the Bears. Bears - Packers is one of the great rivalries in sports!!

Last edited by christina0001; 02-05-2008 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: referenced post deleted

Old 02-04-2008, 03:26 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,709,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
Say it ain't so Harry...you are a BEARS fan???! Aw man.
LOL....Noooooooooooooooooooooo !! But that 1985 team was a great team as who could forget the FRIDGE a DL scoring touchdowns at RB that year. Plus Jim McMahon is one of my all-time favorate QB's as i seen him play when he was at BYU along with alot of those great BYU QB's back in the 80's and 90's when UTEP was with BYU in the WAC.

I'm a Niner all the way......even before when they had Joe Montana and Jerry Rice when they were 2-14 with Steve Deberg and Jim Plunkett at QB's in the late 1970's.....lol.....

Old 02-04-2008, 03:51 PM

298 posts, read 1,151,643 times
Quote:
Here in the Milwaukee, WI area, I am just snowed-out. Plain and simple. The sight of a snowflake at this point has me wanting to cleave my eyes out with a spork.
I feel for you!! Fortunately, we have no snow coming here tomorrow--just rain, rain, and rain. We haven't seen the sun in a few days now. We had another one of those days where the whole sky is the same color of gray. I am sitting in front of my 10,000 lux lamp and counting the days 'til I get to Albuquerque.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:26 PM

550 posts, read 1,552,990 times
Thumbs up Warm up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Temps are back to normal, in the upper 30s, low 40s.
Thanks Steve-O, Thats a lot better. I can handle the 30's and 40's. But -35 and I don't get along to well !!! I'll try to put a loop on some of this warm air down here and tow it up to you all !!! It was dang near 80 here today.

David

Old 02-05-2008, 09:52 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,565,879 times
I dont want my 80 degrees until May, please keep them down there. lol

Old 02-05-2008, 03:48 PM

Default SE WI: 14-to-20 inches in ONE STORM predicted!

Well, for a non-winter lover like me, winter here in Southeastern Wisconsin has been unbearable thus far this year. Just awful. We have received 54 inches of snowfall already this winter, which is the average annual snowfall total for this area - with still Feb., Mar., and Apr. to go.

But now...here is the kicker - as I look out of my window at 4:45 CT on Tuesday, it is snowing HARD. And they are now projecting 14 to 20 - yes TWENTY! - inches of snowfall to fall out of this storm. Incredible. I tell ya what...unbelievable.

JS Online: NewsWatch (http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=2/5/2008&id=35080 - broken link)

Old 02-05-2008, 05:07 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,030,416 times
Quote:
Well, for a non-winter lover like me, winter here in Southeastern Wisconsin has been unbearable thus far this year. Just awful. We have received 54 inches of snowfall already this winter, which is the average annual snowfall total for this area - with still Feb., Mar., and Apr. to go.

But now...here is the kicker - as I look out of my window at 4:45 CT on Tuesday, it is snowing HARD. And they are now projecting 14 to 20 - yes TWENTY! - inches of snowfall to fall out of this storm. Incredible. I tell ya what...unbelievable.

JS Online: NewsWatch (http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=2/5/2008&id=35080 - broken link)
EP we would take some of your snow down here. The Sacramentos do not have enough moisture this winter. Sorry you are getting so much snow to introduce you to Wis. I have friends up there, and its not nice.
Jane

Old 02-06-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilegal View Post
EP we would take some of your snow down here. The Sacramentos do not have enough moisture this winter. Sorry you are getting so much snow to introduce you to Wis. I have friends up there, and its not nice.
Jane
Jane - Yep, I subscribe to snow being the best IN MOUNTAINS! Wish I could send some down to you...I have about 20 or 30 inches from here to spare!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico