Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2018, 07:00 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,177,413 times

Advertisements

I was surprised to read this article today about the newly purchased bookmobile serving my area of the state. I hadn't heard anything about bookmobiles for many years, but then I am privileged to have access to a permanently sited full-service library in Ruidoso.

Bookmobile Story in today's news

I would have guessed that bookmobiles had faded into history with the advent of easy access to reference material and pleasurable reading material available on the internet. It's nice to know that they are still being operated for those who, unlike me, don't have easy access to full-service libraries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 05:53 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,388,921 times
I was thinking about bookmobiles the other day after a Facebook entry on what do you remember growing up that no longer exists. As a child, I loved the bookmobile that came to Cloudcroft in the summer when I did not have access to the school library. I don't know if there is a real need for this service but there were some poor people in that area then from High Rolls to Cloudcroft and towards Mayhill, e.g., dads worked for lumber mills and maybe that work did not pay much. We were also poor with five kids so I doubt we would be able to afford internet devices and access for all even today.

Old 06-08-2018, 02:09 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,798,199 times
My husband and I just took a road trip through New Mexico and saw a Bookmobile parked in a parking lot of a lodge directly across from a campground. People immediately flocked to it and it was really nice to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico