Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 06:50 PM

15 posts, read 64,553 times

Advertisements

If no advertising is permitted here, can anyone please PM me apartment/housing leads or specific doc referrals? I'd gladly bequeath to you my first-born, if so.

Thank you, everyone. I am just so nervous and uncertain right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 07:26 PM

215 posts, read 839,978 times
Dear SeekingJoy:

Thanks for the PM. You're most welcome. I didn't mean to be abrasive. Just wanted to help with the facts. Never mind those now.

When I was in my late 20s, I moved 3,000 miles all alone after having lived in one place for my whole life up until then. It was stressful and scary. I ended up buying a house the second day I was there, and I wasn't even planning on it. From that day forward, everything worked out better than I ever imagined.

The move was a dream come true, and once I got settled in, the anxiety and stress melted away. I moved here to NM several years later, another solo 3,000-mile migration. It was another roller coaster. I think it's always that way. But you will be fine as long as you are following your heart. I'm not very old or very wise, but I do know this.

New Mexico is a wonderful place, in the north and in the south. I have found it warm and welcoming, even when there's 3 feet of snow piled up outside my cabin and the thermometer reads below zero. It is a place of wide contrasts, and for that reason, it seems, everyone is welcome who dares to give it a shot.

It's also the real Wild West and has its perils: wild animals, wild weather, wild beauty, and a few wild people. The land and its energy are ancient, deep, and complex. It's like no other place I've lived in. It has a way of making you fall in love with all its rough edges and mood swings.

If you like adventure -- physically, spiritually, mentally -- you'll enjoy it here too. Things might not always be perfect, but they will work out as your heart leads you.

Deep breath. Relax. Into the light.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:16 PM

2 posts, read 4,185 times
I'm confused. You were going to move to Alamo for a job. Then someone suggested Silver City. But you liked Alamo. Then you liked Silver City because of your ex-future employer. What are you doing???

I drove through Arizona and wasn't impressed. I went to Los Cruces and spent the night. Getting better. I then went to Alamo and looked around for a day or two. I stayed a year and a half. I adapted to the environment and enjoyed evey bit of it. I was looking for some place different and pleasant. And I found it.

Good luck with whatever your looking for.

ps: $50,000??? My rent for a 60ft. trailer and utilities was $300 a month. Food was even cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico