Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2008, 03:34 PM

4 posts, read 19,862 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am new here, stumbled onto this place trying to find out about New Mexico. My husband's job is moving to Albuquerque (we are currently in Los Angeles) so we have to relocate... I was looking at the Bosque Farms area, seems to be about 20 minutes outside of Albuquerque and I would like to have a bit of land and horses. Does anyone have any first hand info about this area? Any input would be much appreciated as I have only been to New Mexico passing through so to speak and don't really have a clue about the state in general except for what I have recently read. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Her

298 posts, read 868,958 times
I live in Bosque Farms. A lot of it is farmland and the houses sit on almost an acre. There were three houses on my block for sale and they all sold one after another in a matter of a month. Its a lot nicer place to live than say Los Lunas. The commute to ALbuqeruqe is not bad at all..i go back and forth everyday. There is a "keep bosque farms beautiful" ordinance type thing...everyone keeps their yards in check...no junk cars etc. There is virtually no crime around here either and the cops get a bad rap for being too hard on people. its worth it though. There is a large dairy in bosque farms and a rodeo arena as well as a community center and elementary school. You have to drive to Los Lunas for groceries but its about 10 minutes away. I like Bosque Farms.They are building a lot of new houses in Los Lunas up by the highschool but those dont have much land. The Bosque Farms houses are older and need to be fixed up---some are new----but they have land. You might also want to check out Peralta which is Bosque Farms next door neighbor. My old boss bought land out there for here hourses. Any specific questions?? Steer Clear of Meadow Lake, El Cerro Mission and Belen. Boring, and thats where the crime tends to concentrate.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:55 PM

Thank you "Her" for the info. I have been researching a lot of places in New Mexico and I keep coming back to Bosque Farms. It sounds like such a difference from where I live and a welcome one at that. As for the houses needing to be fixed up, that wouldn't be a problem, we would most likely rebuild the house to fit our needs, the land, room for horses and a safe community are much more important to me. I will definitely check out Peralta as well. Thanks!

Old 06-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Her

298 posts, read 868,958 times
It really is a nice place to live! I was driving around today and there are some nice houses in Bosque by the farmland I didnt even know existed!!!

Old 06-23-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her View Post
It really is a nice place to live! I was driving around today and there are some nice houses in Bosque by the farmland I didnt even know existed!!!
Hi Her, I am thinking more and more about Bosque Farms... My husband just got back from Albuquerque (they are looking for a proper facility) and I made him check out Bosque Farms while he was there... He likes how close it is to Albuquerque as opposed to say Santa Fe (where everyone else thinks we should move to)... I think I will be coming down in a couple months or so to check things out for myself. Thanks for all your help!

Old 06-24-2008, 09:16 AM

775 posts, read 2,588,356 times
Default Bosque Farms and East Mountains

Belen and Los Lunas area are nice for keeping horses and livestock etc. I think just about everyone owns a horse in that area. I visit the area once in awhile and lots of Friendly people and not much crime although i think they have a shortage of Deputies in that area and its easy to get to Albuquerque. The East Mountain area is a Good area to Consider Also with lots of Friendly people, little Crime and half hour drive to Albuquerque and Santa Fe and lots of Small towns and large areas to buy land and keep Horses and Livestock. unlike the small Areas and expensive areas in Los Lunas and Belen and less Crowded and less Traffic and less Smog and less Heat in the Summer plus some good Schools and lots of Summer and Fall Activities in the East Mountain area. Lots of Good Restaurants in Moriarty and my Favorite across from the City Park in Moriarty is a Lady that Sells Great Burritos in a Red Concession Trailer. The Burritos are huge and can feed two people for 2.50 a Burrito. The Canyon in Tijeras gets bad in the Winter but people commute into Albuquerque everyday from Moriarty and Estancia. Read the East Mountain Telegraph and the Independent. pintada kid at webtv.net

Old 06-24-2008, 09:45 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,028,666 times
Hi kshelia!

Welcome to the City-Data New Mexico forum ... and congratulations on your upcoming move to New Mexico.

I hope you are getting all the information you need and will be able to make the decision that is just right for you.

Sounds like Bosque Farms is a neat location .... and really fits what you are looking for!

Good luck with the move .... when will it be happening?

Old 06-24-2008, 09:46 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,028,666 times
Hi Her! Your posts were informative ... rep points for you!

Old 07-09-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Hi kshelia!

Welcome to the City-Data New Mexico forum ... and congratulations on your upcoming move to New Mexico.

I hope you are getting all the information you need and will be able to make the decision that is just right for you.

Sounds like Bosque Farms is a neat location .... and really fits what you are looking for!

Good luck with the move .... when will it be happening?
Hi, thank you for the welcome! My husband will be running a facility for Pangea Pictures called PostTech in Albuquerque (They will be filming movies there because of the great Rebates now being offered in Albuquerque), they are currently looking for at facilities to build and interviewing for talent... They are looking at start-up for the end of 2008. My husband is finishing up a film here in Hollywood by about September, so he will be commuting to Albuquerque around November to get the new facility up and running. I will be commuting back and forth from L.A. for about six months or so taking care of things here and hopefully be moving to New Mexico around April or May of 2009.

I am so grateful for all of the wonderful information I have received so far! I have to say I know it will be a bit of shell-shock but I am indeed looking forward to it! I have had just about all the L.A. I can take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico