Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 06:40 PM

45 posts, read 164,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken86turbo View Post

You need to make sure Java is installed/started. That may be the problem. Anyone else having problems?
It comes up ok for me.

Chuck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 06:57 PM

550 posts, read 1,549,653 times
Wink Hot Java

You need to make sure Java is installed/started. That may be the problem. Anyone else having problems?[/quote]

Yep, That does it. Nothing like a good cup of steaming hot Java.

Thanks, Pipeweld

Old 09-15-2008, 06:19 PM

550 posts, read 1,549,653 times
Default Apache Flats

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Let us know when you all come in David and we'll get together.
I sent Apache Flats an email but have not heard back. I would think they're out of Galveston though.
Ken86 turbo, cannot get your web to pull up earlier today. Maybe when Pipeweld and his wife get here in a week, we can all meet up.
Song I got a reply from Apache Flats today they are fine in OK. They heard that their house survived but won't be up until May now. Has anyone heard anything else about Josie's.

Pipeweld

Old 09-15-2008, 06:49 PM

26 posts, read 65,697 times
Default Josie's Market

I hear some folks are wanting to boycott Josie's Market. It is because of the maps of Timberon she sells. Actually it's an ad on the maps people are protesting. I haven't seen the ad, but Josie said it is causing quite a stir. Sounds pretty silly to me.
If anyone else heard anything let me know. We all love the gossip!

Ken

Old 09-15-2008, 07:14 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,023,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken86turbo View Post
I hear some folks are wanting to boycott Josie's Market. It is because of the maps of Timberon she sells. Actually it's an ad on the maps people are protesting. I haven't seen the ad, but Josie said it is causing quite a stir. Sounds pretty silly to me.
If anyone else heard anything let me know. We all love the gossip!

Ken
OK, On this I do know something.. The person who put the maps out has been banned from Timberon for a while. He used to own the newspaper and has written some rotten things about people and the town. If someone new came in to town and read the back of the map they would think this is a bad place to be. It does not promote Timberon. It is not an ad. Its someone venting.

Glad to hear that Bev and Bob are OK.
Jane

Old 09-16-2008, 09:45 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
I also received an email from Bev and Bob and glad they are okay.
We got a copy of this other paper last week for the first time and read about the venting or whatever it is.
My opinion is people have a choice. They can read it or not read it.
Boycotting a business with a widow that runs the store is not a nice thing and that is what gives Timberon a bad name.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,556 times
Wow, I am glad to have found this site! I, too, have been looking for a place in Timberon for a while. I have been there a few times over the last few years and have been impressed by the hospitality of the (some) people. The ATV guy Jeremy has been great and the people that I met at the High Country Bar have been cordial to an "outsider" checking the place out. Staying at the cabins by the stream were wonderfully relaxing and a good pit stop for my village search. I am surprised that people would want to close down or even boycott the store ran by the lady Josie - She has always been extremely helpful and seems to support the town and the firehouse in many ways and always has a positive thing to say about the area. I saw the maps this summer and thought it was neat to have a place with a history and actually has cemented my desire to find someplace there vs Cloudcroft or Ruidoso. I look forward to going back and seeing what else is going on, I like the gossip as well!

Old 09-18-2008, 06:40 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,023,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood98 View Post
Wow, I am glad to have found this site! I, too, have been looking for a place in Timberon for a while. I have been there a few times over the last few years and have been impressed by the hospitality of the (some) people. The ATV guy Jeremy has been great and the people that I met at the High Country Bar have been cordial to an "outsider" checking the place out. Staying at the cabins by the stream were wonderfully relaxing and a good pit stop for my village search. I am surprised that people would want to close down or even boycott the store ran by the lady Josie - She has always been extremely helpful and seems to support the town and the firehouse in many ways and always has a positive thing to say about the area. I saw the maps this summer and thought it was neat to have a place with a history and actually has cemented my desire to find someplace there vs Cloudcroft or Ruidoso. I look forward to going back and seeing what else is going on, I like the gossip as well!
Robinhood98, Welcome to the group. If you have questions please ask.
Timberon is a great little area. Jeremy is a friend of ours.
Michelle at Roberts Realty is good to help with finding a home.
Jane

Old 09-18-2008, 02:58 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Welcome to the forum, Robinhood.
Timberon does have some very nice people but there are also bad ones that want to cause trouble like wanting to shut down a business. Lucky I haven't run into slimebags like that yet and I hope I don't.
Jeremy is a nice person and most up here are laid back and want nothing more than to enjoy life so for the ones that want to ruin it and enjoy causing the problems, they need to sit back and reflect on the phrase, what goes around, comes around. Enjoy the good ones, ignore the bad ones.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:20 PM

9 posts, read 14,649 times
Hi everybody,
I saw pics of lakes in the Sac Mts. Where are they? Close to timberon I hope. I am looking for hiking trails in Timberon also. Our house has had alot of activity, praying for a sale. Can't wait to move. Songinthewind, do you drum?? Hope to meet all of you soon. Terri
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico