Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 02:20 PM

13 posts, read 97,621 times

Advertisements

How much do u want to pay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 04:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DO2TX View Post
My Grandparents also bought 2 half acres lots in Rio Grande Estates. They left them to my brother and I thinking (I'm sure) that the lots were bound to be worth something by the time their Grandchildren grew up. Well now I'm a grandmother and I seriously doubt that the lots will be worth anything when my Grandchildren grow up. Has anyone donated their lots back to the county? A tax write off may be the only value I will ever see. The land looks perfect for an off read vehicle park.
I know just what you mean. We bought 3 lots in Rio Del Oro in the early 70s, thinking we would sell them to help with the kids education. Then, later we were going to use them to help the grandkids> Long story, short, we just sold them early this year for almost nothing. We probably could have gotten a little mroe than we did, but we have no regrets. I knew our kids didn't want or need them...Of course Rio Del Oro is a little different, but the same general idea.

NIta

Old 12-24-2010, 07:08 AM

4 posts, read 18,999 times
sorry about the mix up...anyway I just called 2 of the people we know in Socorro that buy land in Rio Grande Estates and they both agreed that $250.00 an acre is about what the market says and is very fair..

Old 12-30-2010, 12:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeyjake View Post
sorry about the mix up...anyway I just called 2 of the people we know in Socorro that buy land in Rio Grande Estates and they both agreed that $250.00 an acre is about what the market says and is very fair..
As per this value given, I am willing to purchase land in Rio Grande Estates for $250.00 per acre. Anyone who is wishing to sell, please contact me.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:18 AM

4 posts, read 18,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBr View Post
As per this value given, I am willing to purchase land in Rio Grande Estates for $250.00 per acre. Anyone who is wishing to sell, please contact me.
The price I quoted from is from a few gentleman that already live there and buy up the land to run their cattle on.The price also reflects the area of Rio Grande Estates that my wife and I would like to purchase in as we already have a few acres in this area there.As I stated before there is nothing there and probably never will be according to the assessors office.There are no roads to speak of,there are 2 main roads going in and a few side roads.These are all dirt roads and cow paths.It all amounts to a good spot to park a motor home for a couple of weeks out of the year.Even at that it will cost me a few $1000's to build a driveway over the ditch that is there so we don't impede the rainfall flow when it does rain.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:42 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,741,231 times
You might want to consult a Realtor (any Realtor) before selling any land you have not been to see in New Mexico.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,740 times
I am trying to locate my .05AC.
Lot 14 block 1175 Unit T.
Does any one know anythig about what is in the area?
Also, who do I find out this Lot?
Frank

Old 02-21-2011, 09:33 PM

2 posts, read 7,873 times
How does one go about finding the lot their parents or g-parents bought? If we want to go look at it, what are the chances we could actually find it?

Old 02-23-2011, 11:15 PM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,304,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgkdan View Post
How does one go about finding the lot their parents or g-parents bought? If we want to go look at it, what are the chances we could actually find it?
Here is some plat info... might help to find the 'general' area..

Rio Grande Estates FAQ - Socorro County InfoNet

Old 02-26-2011, 05:50 AM

13 posts, read 97,621 times
Question:
For land towards the back by the mountain, What kind if any dangers r in that area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico